The Loincloth Site's Talk Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What are some of your favorite "loincloth" movies?

Join the conversation and offer your comments and opinions ... and there is no need to enter your Email when posting, it's optional and not required.

Re: What are some of your favorite "loincloth" movies?

Hello. My favorite movie is ""Un indien dans la ville" and its American remake "Jungle 2 Jungle".

I especially like these four which take place in prehistoric times- all of which I own the DVD's of-
-"Creatures The World Forgot"
-"One Million Years B.C." - the 1966 version
-"When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth"
-"Ironmaster"

I enjoy the stories of all of them. They all have many men in loincloths which I like. And many of the men in them have hairy bodies which I love.

Since I was there last February, Rapa Nui. I did like Medicine Man (with Sean Connery), too.

To be honest there's not many.
But easily my favorite is Jason and the Argonauts. The idea of sailing the seas while dressed in a brief linen loincloth like they wear in the movie always appealed to me.

The movie doesn't just have loincloths but it also has a decent story and epic adventure to go along with it.

Some of my favorite films are: Rapa Nui, Legend of the Tsunami Warrior, When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth, and Creatures the World Forgot. I would also have to add the three Mike Henry Tarzan Films and the 12 Johnny Sheffield Bomba films. Also, Tarzan and the Lost City is quite enjoyable though Casper Van Dien does not get loinclothed until the latter part.

As for TV, the top of my list would be The Beastmaster with Daniel Goddard and Tarzan the Epic Adventures with Joe Lara, though I wished they had kept the style of loincloth he wore in Tarzan in Manhattan for the series.

Karsten- I, too, like hairy Mike Henry. And I have seen a couple of the Johnny Sheffield "Bomba" movies on cable, I have ordered all 12 from Amazon and will binge watch them when I receive them. Johnny's body was not very hairy. But he portrays the character in a way that I find extremely kind and appealing - and even sweet in some ways.

When I was a kid a local TV station would air one of the Bomba films every Saturday morning ... and Mike Henry's "Tarzan and the Valley of Gold" was the first Tarzan film I had seen when aired on television ... they, in addition to the Tarzan, Korak, and Jungle Twins Gold Key comics I would get at a local store were of much interest to me at that time -and still are some of my favorites.

It is too bad that Mike Henry did not accept the role of Tarzan for the TV series. Nothing against Ron Ely but I think Mike Henry wore the loincloth better and that the series would have been more successful.

At nearly 74, I am quite a bit older than you. The "Bomba" movies were being made when I was a kid. I just recently discovered them. As part of my loincloth frenzy of the last few years, I have also purchased through dear Amazon the Mike Henry movies and the Ron Ely TV series. Mike is definitely the more hirsute of the two and looked superb in his "casual, but practical" loincloth. I do, though, think that Ron looked good in his loincloth - and I have enjoyed many of the stories from the TV series. It certainly attracted some big-name guest stars.

I owe thanks to you and to this website for introducing me to these gentlemen.

As much as it was following the Bronze Age leader and ignored the source material, something must be said for Beastmaster. In fact, the 80s in general. I actually want Blackstar rebooted.

I was not familiar with Blackstar ... thank you for letting me know of the series.

Apart from the already mentioned Rapa Nui (of which I wish they would release a blu-ray one day), my favourites are The Emerald Forest and End of the Spear.

On yeah. I also like 300.