The Loincloth Site's Talk Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What are some of your favorite "loincloth" movies?

At nearly 74, I am quite a bit older than you. The "Bomba" movies were being made when I was a kid. I just recently discovered them. As part of my loincloth frenzy of the last few years, I have also purchased through dear Amazon the Mike Henry movies and the Ron Ely TV series. Mike is definitely the more hirsute of the two and looked superb in his "casual, but practical" loincloth. I do, though, think that Ron looked good in his loincloth - and I have enjoyed many of the stories from the TV series. It certainly attracted some big-name guest stars.

I owe thanks to you and to this website for introducing me to these gentlemen.

As much as it was following the Bronze Age leader and ignored the source material, something must be said for Beastmaster. In fact, the 80s in general. I actually want Blackstar rebooted.

I was not familiar with Blackstar ... thank you for letting me know of the series.

Loincloths in animation?

Another medium in which loincloths are less-known is trading card games, like Magic: The all-metal world of Mirrodin has five suns orbiting a Dyson sphere. There are five human ethnic groups, and two (and sometimes the other three) wear loincloths because it's that hot and there are metal growths coming out of them. But I'm sure those growths are nothing. The elves and cat people also do. It's an interesting world with advanced, sometimes unethical technology. A few other worlds use loincloths like that.

Apart from the already mentioned Rapa Nui (of which I wish they would release a blu-ray one day), my favourites are The Emerald Forest and End of the Spear.

On yeah. I also like 300.