​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Loincloth Site's Talk Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: If you had to wear a loincloth as a swimsuit then which would you wear?

Martin
I wish I had a place I could stroll around in a loincloth and not have to worry about others looking at me.
There are some spots at bodies of water here that are known (mostly inofficially) as “clothing optional”. Where one may see loins without any cloth, so to say, who would object to a loincloth instead of swimming briefs?
In Germany it's (still?) more acceptable for a male to wear speedo type swimwear instead of ridiculously baggy boardshorts. So, while a breechcloth may be revealing by today's standards, there were more skimpy briefs to be seen in the 1980s and 1990s.
Of course people will look twice when they see something out of the ordinary. But reactions are few, and negative ones even more so. In the mid of summer some people commented on the “good idea” to wear so little, which I find encouraging.
Mostly I wear a loincloth (other than at home) for water-related activities: swimming, canoeing, stand-up-paddling. I did some short hikes, but mostly it's just the way from the car park to the water's edge (may be a kilometre or so in places).

Yours,
LCFan

LCFan
Martin
I wish I had a place I could stroll around in a loincloth and not have to worry about others looking at me.
There are some spots at bodies of water here that are known (mostly inofficially) as “clothing optional”. Where one may see loins without any cloth, so to say, who would object to a loincloth instead of swimming briefs?
In Germany it's (still?) more acceptable for a male to wear speedo type swimwear instead of ridiculously baggy boardshorts. So, while a breechcloth may be revealing by today's standards, there were more skimpy briefs to be seen in the 1980s and 1990s.
Of course people will look twice when they see something out of the ordinary. But reactions are few, and negative ones even more so. In the mid of summer some people commented on the “good idea” to wear so little, which I find encouraging.
Mostly I wear a loincloth (other than at home) for water-related activities: swimming, canoeing, stand-up-paddling. I did some short hikes, but mostly it's just the way from the car park to the water's edge (may be a kilometre or so in places).

Yours,
LCFan
That sounds really cool. I mean I imagine something like that hast to exist here in the U.S. but not that I'm personally aware. I have frequented a nude resort but that at the very least has legal approval.

If by “something like that” you mean “clothing optional”, then, maybe, Germany (and Europe in general) may be a tad more liberal than the US, from what I've heard. But even here these places are not universally accepted or even tolerated.

For wearing loincloths, our fellow writer Aaron here seems to be able to find suitable locations at least in his part of the US.

Yours,
LCFan