​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Loincloth Site's Talk Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How was your discovery to interest in loincloths?

I am curious and / or interested to read your comments on how the love or interest in wearing a loincloth was discovered or born. In my case, it was because of my childhood movie (The Jungle Book from 1994) that I was interested in and I created my own loincloth based on it as a tribute to this.

Re: How was your discovery to interest in loincloths?

In my teen years watching Tarzan movies on saturday afternoon. I always wanted to live out in the jungle with nothing on but a loincloth.

I like your comment, and you are not the only one in that, sometimes I fantasize about being like the protagonist of that movie living in the jungle wearing my loincloth. I send you greetings. :3

I think for me it mostly came down to seeing irredeemable monster creatures wearing loincloths in cartoons, movies, and videogames.
There seemed to be this thing where if you were a minion of the villain looked ugly and you wore a loincloth just to make you look dumb and foolish so the audience wouldn't feel sorry for the minions when the hero mercilessly murdered them all. Like they were saying "don't worry people they are wearing loincloths so it's ok to kill them." And of course I'm thinking, what if any of those guys had a wife and kid back home?
So I kind of wished that heroes could wear loincloths more often after that. Or at the same time I also liked the idea that creatures on the "good side" could also wear loincloths and be ugly looking.
I credit renditions of minotaurs in fantasy as having gotten me into loincloths. ^_^

It sounds curious and interesting how you write your vision of this of heroes and villains, I will not deny that minotaurs look good with loincloths because of their physique. :3

I think for me it was various media of barbarians, tribespeople, and early humans. I always did like the Conan movies and The Beastmaster. I watched things on TV about American Indians and various tribes, a couple of Conan cartoon series, and a few of the longer-haired versions of Tarzan (from the 80s movies to the 90s TV show to Disney's incarnation). I read books (both fiction and non-) and magazines on them and early humans, started collecting the Tarzan novels, and had a few Conan comics (that I think my ex-stepmom probably tossed). I even found a couple of Conan books (the somewhat butchered Lancer/Ace paperbacks) in my high school library, of all places.

Inspired by the book The Indian in the Cupboard and a number of other things, I sometimes wore two shirts like a makeshift breechcloth. I made my first "real" loincloth in middle school out of some worn-out pajama pants. I tore one leg at the seams and sewed the front and back together end-to-end to make a crude breechcloth, and used the torn-off seams themselves as the belt string. I'd wear it in my room and play at being some kind of tribesman, often imagining myself as the Tarzan-in-New-York style "fish out of water" in some of my Lego buildings.

Nowadays, there are many means and interpretations and origins of it, depending on the origin and the person will give that special touch by wearing this. It is great what you have done and your origin of your taste, I liked your experience in high school and I would have liked to do that with me ^^

For me, it started in my teenage years as a way to connect with my First Nations ancestors. Made my first ones out of red flannel, and had a buckskin 'clout by age 18.

I still remember donning a red loincloth for the first time--I felt so masculine, strong, and beautiful. I still feel that way whenever I put one on.

Many of us connect with our ancestors in different ways and ways, in your case, I like what you do to connect, and as you say, you are not the only one in front of this, I when in my free time and inspired, I use my loincloth to feel strong, sexy, wild, cuddly and give a naughty touch n.n

For me it started in June 2009 after learning 2 really bad news in one week. My father's cancer and a serious accident of a very good friend. I was a little lost and I went back to reading an old comic from my childhood: "Rahan, son of the savage ages" to clear my mind.
By rereading his adventures, I wanted to have his life and I wondered what it was like to be in the forest with just a loincloth. And since when I have a low morale, I put on one of my loincloths and I go for a walk in the forest.

https://www.instagram.com/haraak59

I was very sorry for what happened to your relative, but it will always live in your heart for the beings that we love very much, and your story of your discovery is very nice and I admit that all your Instagram is great and incredible, and you will have my support ^ w ^

Thank you Little Wolf for your support.

Im Native American. It's in my DNA :)

How lucky you are, friend, that is good and you should take advantage of that virtue. ^^

I think it was pictures in magazines or books, or maybe some TV features from far away places in the tropics, and certainly some re-runs of old Tarzan films on TV. At that time I was a schoolboy who loved to spend a day at a swimming pool, a reservoir, or my parent's garden just clad in speedo-type swimwear. But a loincloth I only tried to make myself in secret. That was in the 1980s.

Only much later (and, in part, thanks to this forum!) I re-discovered the loincloth and wear one not only at home, but also as an alternative to my still-beloved speedos.

I liked your story, you remind me that just like you, I have saved several Speedos clothes when I went swimming. Today I also wear my loincloth on quiet days and one day I would like to try it in a pool nwn

I don't remember when exactly it started, but The Jungle Book likely had a part. But the bigger draw for me was Last of the Mohicans, Dances With Wolves and Indian in the Cupboard. That last one was probably even my first actual crush, though I wouldn't admit it until only a couple years ago when I came out as gay. But yeah, ever since I can remember, I've found myself attracted to men in loincloths of all types, but breechclouts especially.

As for creating my own, I haven't really had the confidence to try it. But I have bought some pre-made ones. I have a wool breechclout I wear for reenacting that I think I posted a while back, but I wear it with a lot of other gear as well. I'm not confident enough in my physical shape to go shirtless! Maybe one day... I do look forward to being able to kit up again though.

I am very glad that you discovered your sexual orientation at the same time because of your liking for men in loincloths. Just like you, the same happened to me, only with me it was for the movie "The Jungle Book of 1994" and having my "first crush." I hope one day you will be encouraged to go out without a shirt and have confidence in yourself ;)

I cannot really say what started my interests in loincoths. It must be the time when my puberty started. I can remember that I saw some ducumentaries and read some books on foreign countries with picture showing men wearing various types of such gear. I was fascinated and still am, both with men and loincloths.
I soon started to make my own loincloths, first just two flaps, later I improved the design. I still wear my gear in summer when out for hiking or camping.

Alex
I cannot really say what started my interests in loincoths. It must be the time when my puberty started. I can remember that I saw some ducumentaries and read some books on foreign countries with picture showing men wearing various types of such gear. I was fascinated and still am, both with men and loincloths.
I soon started to make my own loincloths, first just two flaps, later I improved the design. I still wear my gear in summer when out for hiking or camping.
It is very interesting the documentaries that usually appear men wearing loincloths although he does not dream of seeing much of that. Just like you, I have also been improving my loincloth over time and I use it in my private moments... one day I will go out there to enjoy the atmosphere n.n