​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Loincloth Site's Talk Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question for Karsten. How many of the movies posted on this website have you seen?

How many of the movies posted on this website have you seen?
And what are your first and second favorite categories if you have any.

Re: Question for Karsten. How many of the movies posted on this website have you seen?

I've seen all of the films that I have listed on the site. They are from my collection as I have them on VHS, DVD or Blu-ray. I find the less known titles from doing some research on films or from suggestions from other loincloth fans.

I would have to say that my 1st favorite category of films are the jungle films such as the Tarzan and Bomba movies. My interest in loincloths started from seeing the Bomba movies on weekend morning television and the first Tarzan films I saw were the Mike Henry trilogy. I also enjoyed the Tarzan, Korak and Jungle Twins comics of the 60's and early 70's.

My second favorite category is a tough choice between prehistoric and western films but I'm going with prehistoric as one of my favorite films is "When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth" as I actually saw it on the screen in a theater when it was released.

My personal #1 film still remains "Tarzan and the Valley of Gold". The first Tarzan film I remember seeing. I like how Tarzan starts out wearing business attire and then discards it in favor of a loincloth - something I'm sure many fans would prefer to do also.

Karsten

Re: Question for Karsten. How many of the movies posted on this website have you seen?

That's fascinating.
I'm actually more drawn to the sword and sandal genre and then maybe Sword and Sorcery genre and then after that Native American related movies.

I get the appreciation of having the character start out in normal clothing and then having him transition to a loincloth later.
It's crazy that you've watched literally all these movies. That's some dedication.

I enjoy the sword & sandal films also, and it's great that so many can now be viewed in widescreen.

I agree that it's interesting for a character to be wearing excessive attire and then appearing in a loincloth. That's one of the plot details I like about Tarzan and the Valley of Gold and Tarzan and the Great River.

I have many films on DVD that I have yet to view, but if they are on the site I have given them a look. I wish I was good at writing as I would really like each film to have a review - but in my updates I'm adding some details about each film.

For my part, I did not know much about movies or series that show men in loincloths, however, thanks to this wonderful forum, I expanded more on the subject as well as my taste for it. My favorite main category has been related to the jungle, because the characters or protagonists are usually cute and even attractive, especially when they are only wearing their loincloth. My favorite movies are Tarzan and also The Jungle Book ^^