​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Loincloth Site's Talk Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I though the Tarzan/Jungle boy loincloth would be more common here

Yes, it's a pity, there isn't a large community of loincloth wearers on the internet.
I looked for people in France who also wear loincloths to make a group but I couldn't find anyone. So I hike alone.

Instagram Haraak

do you have sonething underneath it or is it just flaps? also i wouldent mind buying one if i could find some one who sells them

I don't have one in that style but figure that something underneath would make it more practical and having nothing would make it more comfortable and definitely hotter although both styles are nice

yes, I have underwear because you're never safe from a gust of wind or misplaced brambles. ;)

ive only worn native american ones so idk how those would feel

For me, the Tarzan style loincloth is my favorite. I think the loincloth worn by Herman Brix / Bruce Bennett in 1935's The New Adventures of Tarzan serial is one of the best. At one time I owned some leather loincloths that were purchased from Western Costume Company and used in films. They were cool but not really all that comfortable. When going on a hike I prefer wearing a simple crinkle fabric loincloth with ample coverage in front and rear.

Thanks for posting. Here is a photo of Herman Brix in loincloth.

How you comment, there is a lot of filmography, series, comics and much more where they show the art of loincloths. I didn't get to know or watch the Tarzan series other than just the Disney version, but thanks to everything related to The Jungle Book, it was where I discovered my love of dressing and wearing a loincloth as a tribute. Greetings and welcome to the club.