Return to Website

Doc's Personal Message Forum

Doc's Personal Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Yes, you are correct.....

Doc- Thank you so much. It makes a little more sence now. This web page is the best. I am glad that I came across it. It has cleared a lot of things up. It is nice to find new cousins and find out how they all fit in. Donna

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi Donna. The connection between the Loudoun County, VA line (Jacob Diery/Derry and his sons, Baltser [Balthasar], Peter and Philip, have never been positively made. However recently, the Last Wills of Baltser and Old Moll (my 3rd. g-grandmother), have come to light. Her Will is on this message forum and Baltser's is on his page at the Index. There are many things that point directly to this line as being "ours"...soooo, it is my belief that the Loudoun County, VA line of Derry's, and the PA/IL line of Derry's are one and the same. There are just too many instances where the same names show up generation after generation.. i.e. Baltser/Basil/Bazil, Jacob, Peter, Philip.
It really is confusing isn't it? My g-grandfather was Basil-b.1820. His father was Jacob-b.1795. His brother was Bazil-b.1786...now he named one of his children Barbara...hmmmmm, after his grandmother? This just continues, and gets really confusing. This is why I use the birth year after their names. It's the only way I can keep them straight. [Smiling benevolently]
I believe that a son of Balthasar, probably Jacob, married Mary Derry (Old Moll, the witch). This ties the two lines together. So, you are related to Old Moll and the rest of us strange folk [big smile]Welcome to the "club".......

My g-grandfather, Basil-b.1820, left S.W. PA, and journeyed west to Illinois, where my grandfather James Franklin, and my father Gerald Francis(Sr.)were born. BTW, Basil-b.1820, also named one of his sons Basil. There is a great photo of Basil-b.1820 and his second wife Fredericka C. on his page at the Index...perfectly "American Gothic". All that is missing is the pitchfork.

I really love the way this web site has turned out, and it has given me great satisfaction creating it. Though, all I have done here is just write the html codes that make a web page...a web page. You and many others have provided all the information. Until a year ago, I could not tell you the name of my grandfather, much less who Mary "Old Moll" Derry was. I thought it was so fantastic, I just had to make it easier for others to have the information too.

Well, I'll stop rambling. Please stay in touch Donna. There is so much more for us to learn about our family...rich in history, legend and folklore. How wonderful this is for our Posterity.

Replying to:

Hello again. Ok I am lost. The most recent information I have found is that Peter Derry,, the father of Andrew Derry, who was the father of William John Derry who married Barbra Rapp/Rupp is in my line.William John is the father of William D. who is the father of Jacob C. who is my gggrandfather. Does any of this fit in with any of your information? I am getting more and more confused. I received some information that "my" Peter Derry signed the Oath of Allegiance in 1780, in Frederick county Maryland. Also that he married a Catherine Feldman. I also have information that he had a brother named Balthasar, who married a Barbra Heinkley. could this be related to the Basil mentioned in the index????? Thank you for your time. Donna

Good morning Donna.........

You are very welcome! It is my pleasure to be sure. I am glad you found our web site...now yours too. I guess you could say, it is a "living document"...it changes and grows as we add new "stuff".
Happy reading
Doc

Replying to:

Doc- Thank you so much. It makes a little more sence now. This web page is the best. I am glad that I came across it. It has cleared a lot of things up. It is nice to find new cousins and find out how they all fit in. Donna

Replying to:

Hi Donna. The connection between the Loudoun County, VA line (Jacob Diery/Derry and his sons, Baltser [Balthasar], Peter and Philip, have never been positively made. However recently, the Last Wills of Baltser and Old Moll (my 3rd. g-grandmother), have come to light. Her Will is on this message forum and Baltser's is on his page at the Index. There are many things that point directly to this line as being "ours"...soooo, it is my belief that the Loudoun County, VA line of Derry's, and the PA/IL line of Derry's are one and the same. There are just too many instances where the same names show up generation after generation.. i.e. Baltser/Basil/Bazil, Jacob, Peter, Philip.
It really is confusing isn't it? My g-grandfather was Basil-b.1820. His father was Jacob-b.1795. His brother was Bazil-b.1786...now he named one of his children Barbara...hmmmmm, after his grandmother? This just continues, and gets really confusing. This is why I use the birth year after their names. It's the only way I can keep them straight. [Smiling benevolently]
I believe that a son of Balthasar, probably Jacob, married Mary Derry (Old Moll, the witch). This ties the two lines together. So, you are related to Old Moll and the rest of us strange folk [big smile]Welcome to the "club".......

My g-grandfather, Basil-b.1820, left S.W. PA, and journeyed west to Illinois, where my grandfather James Franklin, and my father Gerald Francis(Sr.)were born. BTW, Basil-b.1820, also named one of his sons Basil. There is a great photo of Basil-b.1820 and his second wife Fredericka C. on his page at the Index...perfectly "American Gothic". All that is missing is the pitchfork.

I really love the way this web site has turned out, and it has given me great satisfaction creating it. Though, all I have done here is just write the html codes that make a web page...a web page. You and many others have provided all the information. Until a year ago, I could not tell you the name of my grandfather, much less who Mary "Old Moll" Derry was. I thought it was so fantastic, I just had to make it easier for others to have the information too.

Well, I'll stop rambling. Please stay in touch Donna. There is so much more for us to learn about our family...rich in history, legend and folklore. How wonderful this is for our Posterity.

Replying to:

Hello again. Ok I am lost. The most recent information I have found is that Peter Derry,, the father of Andrew Derry, who was the father of William John Derry who married Barbra Rapp/Rupp is in my line.William John is the father of William D. who is the father of Jacob C. who is my gggrandfather. Does any of this fit in with any of your information? I am getting more and more confused. I received some information that "my" Peter Derry signed the Oath of Allegiance in 1780, in Frederick county Maryland. Also that he married a Catherine Feldman. I also have information that he had a brother named Balthasar, who married a Barbra Heinkley. could this be related to the Basil mentioned in the index????? Thank you for your time. Donna