Return to Website

Doc's Personal Message Forum

Doc's Personal Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Re: Re: Peter and Balt Derry

Yep! Jacob Diery is the father of Peter, Baltser and Philip. This is shown at the Index on these pages:

http://www.fullmooncustomcycles.com/Jacob_Diery-Derry.html
and
http://www.fullmooncustomcycles.com/Baltser_Diery-Derry.html

Just click on these links...Your Peter Derry is one and the same as the one shown in the links above...
What I find interesting is the names of the people who had documanted some of this material...like Miller, Rupp/Rubb, etc...we have Miller's in our family from the beginning. Even on Old Moll's Will, and Baltser's Will as witnesses...Pretty cool stuff, don't you think?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

There is also this information that i found.

Pennsylvania Immigrants by Don Yoder

P. 319 in the List of Imigrants from Zweibruecken 1750-1771, broken down still further to those from Clee-and Catharinenburg are listed:

Jacob Diery with wife and five children. Philips Diery with wife and three children, Jacob Rubb with wife and three children, Balthasar Mueller with wife and three children, all of Oberhoffen (Oberhofen). I think maybe that this Jacob Derry is the father of Peter Derry and the brother of Balthasar Derry. Then further down the line there is the marriage of William D. Derry to Barbra Rapp/Rubb/Rupp. Is there a connection?

I got all of this information from Phyllis Miller. I haven't been able to verify it all, but from what I am finding it all seems acurate. There are too many of the same names for it to be all just a concidence, don't you think?

Replying to:

I knew of this Jacob Derrie. I hadn't thought about tieing the two Jacobs together...Jacob Derrie/Jacob Diery...The time line is right..
This what Joan found on him:

From Joan Brown Derry:

"Another speculation is that there was a JACOB DERRY (DERRIE) who arrived at the Port of Philadelphia in 1738 on the ship "Friendship" and shows up on some tax records shortly thereafter as a laborer. He then disappears, but there is record of a JACOB DERRY who fought in the Revolutionary War and had 2 acres of land around the Lancaster County area of PA. Also wonder if this could be "Old Moll's" husband."

I don't think he was the one who married Old Moll but, he could have traveled back to Palantine from PA, and then come back in '52 with his family... I need to study ol' Baltser's will some more...
I think we are close to solving the mystery and in lieu of all the new info, it may be time to update a few of these pages.
Having too much fun ,
Doc

Replying to:

I was going through my stuff this morning and found this.

Pennsylvania German Pioneers by Strassburger&Hinkle. Philadelphia Arrivals.

Ship Friendship from Rotterdam 20 September 1738 age 32 Jacob Derrie. These were Palatines. This could have been the father of Peter and Balt and either he married shortly after arrival or brought his wife and children over later- but the latter world have been unusual then.

I received this information from Phyllis J. Miller. I have looked for ship records on the Olive Tree site and have not been able to locate this ship. It just may not be posted yet. I hope this helps someone.

A lot of the information she gave me ties right in with Balts will.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Peter and Balt Derry

Doc- This is getting too fun. At least now I know that my information is accurate. Hope to be finding more soon.

Donna

Replying to:

Yep! Jacob Diery is the father of Peter, Baltser and Philip. This is shown at the Index on these pages:

http://www.fullmooncustomcycles.com/Jacob_Diery-Derry.html
and
http://www.fullmooncustomcycles.com/Baltser_Diery-Derry.html

Just click on these links...Your Peter Derry is one and the same as the one shown in the links above...
What I find interesting is the names of the people who had documanted some of this material...like Miller, Rupp/Rubb, etc...we have Miller's in our family from the beginning. Even on Old Moll's Will, and Baltser's Will as witnesses...Pretty cool stuff, don't you think?

Replying to:

There is also this information that i found.

Pennsylvania Immigrants by Don Yoder

P. 319 in the List of Imigrants from Zweibruecken 1750-1771, broken down still further to those from Clee-and Catharinenburg are listed:

Jacob Diery with wife and five children. Philips Diery with wife and three children, Jacob Rubb with wife and three children, Balthasar Mueller with wife and three children, all of Oberhoffen (Oberhofen). I think maybe that this Jacob Derry is the father of Peter Derry and the brother of Balthasar Derry. Then further down the line there is the marriage of William D. Derry to Barbra Rapp/Rubb/Rupp. Is there a connection?

I got all of this information from Phyllis Miller. I haven't been able to verify it all, but from what I am finding it all seems acurate. There are too many of the same names for it to be all just a concidence, don't you think?

Replying to:

I knew of this Jacob Derrie. I hadn't thought about tieing the two Jacobs together...Jacob Derrie/Jacob Diery...The time line is right..
This what Joan found on him:

From Joan Brown Derry:

"Another speculation is that there was a JACOB DERRY (DERRIE) who arrived at the Port of Philadelphia in 1738 on the ship "Friendship" and shows up on some tax records shortly thereafter as a laborer. He then disappears, but there is record of a JACOB DERRY who fought in the Revolutionary War and had 2 acres of land around the Lancaster County area of PA. Also wonder if this could be "Old Moll's" husband."

I don't think he was the one who married Old Moll but, he could have traveled back to Palantine from PA, and then come back in '52 with his family... I need to study ol' Baltser's will some more...
I think we are close to solving the mystery and in lieu of all the new info, it may be time to update a few of these pages.
Having too much fun ,
Doc

Replying to:

I was going through my stuff this morning and found this.

Pennsylvania German Pioneers by Strassburger&Hinkle. Philadelphia Arrivals.

Ship Friendship from Rotterdam 20 September 1738 age 32 Jacob Derrie. These were Palatines. This could have been the father of Peter and Balt and either he married shortly after arrival or brought his wife and children over later- but the latter world have been unusual then.

I received this information from Phyllis J. Miller. I have looked for ship records on the Olive Tree site and have not been able to locate this ship. It just may not be posted yet. I hope this helps someone.

A lot of the information she gave me ties right in with Balts will.