Return to Website

Doc's Personal Message Forum

Doc's Personal Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
So, you like the smileys do you?

heh heh... me too!

I remember, when I was a yonker, going to Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, and visited Hollywood & Vine. I have traveled so much in my short 50 years, that I forget sometimes, that most people never get to see what is across the state line. It has been a long time since I have been on a plane, I think it was '90 or '91...that was when I stopped flying, and from here, there are really only two ways to leave the state...well three, but I'd have to fly there to get on a ship.

Now, if one were to come to Alaska, one might see one of these

That little guy, was looking for something to eat out our back window of the house..mama moose was nearby. Or if one is looking out into the Cook Inlet from Anchorage, one might see a few of these..

Then of course, there is Mt. McKinley...

Taken atop Hatcher Pass just up the road from here about 15 miles.

But what I don't do is fly in one of these...

When asked, I tell folks, "Just because it may be your day to die in a plane, it may not be my day to. I'll pass."
Hmmm...well, we have some time to think about this reunion..

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi, Doc! I copied your Forum Smiley Icons and so will try one out to see if it works: !! Atlantic, Iowa, is the county seat of Cass County, population 6,000 when I left, not much bigger today, but a decent place to visit during the summer! The e-mail with all the names really included mostly Cranston (Moi!) names with only my son's name from the Derry side...none ride motorcycles! L I mentioned at my filet mignon lunch today with daughter, Dana, about a possible Derry reunion next summer...she loves to "toss" parties...we need to do some serious pondering on this one, Doc!!! There are other places to visit, too, besides the county park for hot dogs and potato salad...Disneyland, Knotts' Berry Farm, Universal City, Long Beach Aquarium, and Hollywood and Vine...I've got room for two...first come, first served! (Here's another one: and another: ..) L