Return to Website

Doc's Personal Message Forum

Doc's Personal Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Re: Re: God Bless America!

Hi, Doc...your Website is fascinating reading, cuzzin'...I run across something new and interesting each time I get on. But, I have missed seeing you in the Forum and hope all is well with you in Alaska. I hope it is because you are just busy-busy! Take care and know that the Derry family in Arcadia shares your concerns about our great United States...good will triumph, every time! I've added another note on the Guestbook just in case someone has our John W. in their lineage!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Good morning Betty,
It is so very difficult in times like this to really express how I feel about what happened on the 11th of September. I suspect, however, the rest of the Country feels the same.
I have dedicated three of the pages on the motorcycle side of our web site to this act of war. The first one is:
WANTED EAD or ALIVE!
The second is:
>WTC
and the third is:
An Invitation

I haven't been on the web much since this act of cowardice and war, until today. I thought about you, and whether you had made it out to Iowa. I wondered who that was with the AOL addy on my e-mail this morning, until I saw the forum notification, then I knew it was you.
The men and women of NY and D.C. are truly Heroes, that is for sure and certain. Those on the jet that crashed not very far from Kathy Sawyer's in S.W. PA, are indicitive of the kind of people America has raised. They are also, truly Heroes.
I am glad to know you are OK.

Just to let you know about some notes we found here in Alaska tucked away in an old family bible, John Wesley Derry was mentioned in one of those notes...not much else on him...yet, but found it interesting his name was there. I will sit down with my brother Guy, and go through more thuroughly these notes. One note of interest about my Grandfather, James Franklin...Turns out, he was also a United Brethren minister like his father Basil, and...he was an IRS Alcohol Control Agent in Illinois until his death in 1937. This stuff just keeps getting better all the time
'Til then, keep the faith, and God Bless
Doc

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi, Doc...as you know by now, my trip to Iowa and the County Court Records was interrupted before I got onto the United Airlines plane! But with the unspent vacation money, I did buy a new Gateway and a new aol.com address! All interested Derry family members..please note! Doc...your opening remarks are so appropriate..thanks for being so thoughtful. I am wearing around my right wrist on a red bracelet the name of Michael Healey, FDNY, Squad 41, a bit sadly but oh, so proud of a real hero!