Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Production on "Like This" and "Sound of Music"

"like this" does most certainly sound best on vinyl! i did find a cassette version a few years back, which was useful when i had a car with a cassette player.

but to be more on topic, i must confess (with regret) that i do not have "sound of music" for the purpose of comparison. must rectify! although i trust your ears, peter; "small" may only be an appropriate sound for, say, an ocarina trio...

Re: Production on "Like This" and "Sound of Music"

Thanks for a great answer. It's funny you mention "Like This" sounding great on vinyl, because my new CD didn't quite match my sonic memory of the record I once owned. I remember just CRANKING "Love is for Lovers" and it had so much EVERYTHING. On CD it's really good, but there is something (small) missing. As for favorite songs, I've always particularly loved "Never Before and Never Again," which I thought was full of ache and experience (and it also had the wonderful duet with Syd Straw).

By the way, I read the dB's history and saw mention of the Christmas '84 show with Alex Chilton at Irving Plaza. This was my intro to you guys (I ran out and bought "Like This" the next day I think). I remember at one point in the encore you were singing "Feliz Navidad" and you sang (if memory serves) "Elvis Navidad." You also did a great cover of "Suspicious Minds" that I remember loving.

Re: Re: Production on "Like This" and "Sound of Music"

Yeah, when you drop the needle into the groove and those first chords blow out at you,... The 45 is nice when it comes on a jukebox, too. Whenever we live somewhere with enough room for one, a Wurlitzer will have to be part of the decor (no bubbles, just 45s).

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View