Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
once again another plus toward JAN BERRY i.e. the zombies

I read the zombie post message the recognition of the beach boys brought out the magic name Carol Kaye a supurb bassist in the American recording HISTORY. Why JAN BERRY of JAN AND DEAN formed a great crew of musicians he called THE WRECKING CREW. He told Brian Wilson he didn't have to tour or even use the beach boys in studio. Use the wrecking crew . With this studio perfection was created WE thank YOu JAN BERRY for seeing the TALENT in Brian Wilson who used these precious musicians and needed the guidance . I don't think the beach boys themselves would have even became the giants in all around music and memories if Brian had not stayed behind to take US on a journey that exsist to this day . Where would the beatles or any other studio produced giants be . WE know a good band is a LIVE band some are just studio bands some such as the dBs were both . record it market it sell it (hopefully) (of course sells don't mean a hill of beans when it comes to a greast band it is the truth of the matter) Any way Thanks again Jan Berry . You see a while ago I wrote you about Jan And dean now you can get where I am going with this message. Thank you. Thank GOD for JAN BERRY. Now he can encourage Angels in heaven and that rock n roll heaven band. Read up on Jan & Dean.

Re: once again another plus toward JAN BERRY i.e. the zombies

Carol Kaye is still at it - as well as so many from that crowd. When I first started working on this site I told Van Dyke Parks about the project. He had nothing but good things to say about the dB's. Loved working on Sound of Music.

Really looking forward to the recently "completed" Smile album!

Re: Re: once again another plus toward JAN BERRY i.e. the zombies

yeah, some of the wrecking crew folk were on Forever Changes at the beginning when they were trying to get the players in Love to learn and play the songs better, apparently. Another great album to savor all these years later. Carol Kaye's instructional video was kind of weird and solarized looking, but full of great anecdotes.

Re: Re: Re: once again another plus toward JAN BERRY i.e. the zombies

You know, I had heard about that video - solarized shots and all. Speaking of instructional bass, I hear Larry Graham (Sly & the Family Stone, Graham Central Station) has put out a video as well. That should be interesting!

"Smile" is Great!

Would be remiss if I didn't mention that we picked up a copy of Brian Wilson & Van Dyke Park's "Smile" album last night. What an achievement! It's fantastic.

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View