Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: dB'S guitars and gear question

Dude,thank you so much for that run-down-that was sweet!
Those AC30 reissues are wicked(and so darned powerful and loud).I've got two(both alnico blues and those danged stands),one in the U.S. and one with me over here.I take it you got the one with 'bluebacks'also.
The bridge on my '64 Tennesean is one of those moveable wooden ones but what a sweet-sounding and attractive guitar.Especially when it's on bright mode.Speaking of which,when I bought it it was in excel. condition.It's still in great condition but due to playing it live a lot over the last coupla years,it's sweat-streaked on the finish.
Is there any product to take those streaks out of an otherwise beautiful dark burgundy finish? The Bigsby on it rules too,btw.
Also put on a Bigsby B-5 on my c58 Rick325(unlike Lennon,I kept the superior factory bridge and oven knobs on the blonde and gold guitar.Ain't paintin' it black either).However when I finish using it(not a lot lately),I have to pull up on the arm so it's in tune.As with a lot of Ricks,it's tuning- sensitive.
So you never got into Hofner 6 strings that much-another beautiful yet fragile instrument.I've always wanted a sunburst Club 50 but am content with a 500/2(T.Weymouth model)bass and a Hofner 12 string circa '70. I did get around to picking up a second hand J160E in the early 90's and got a sweet deal on it.I notice from recent photos I've seen,this is Costello's choice model now.
I'm trying to get away from using distortion these days.I particularly love the guitar sound on Rain and that's pretty much my favorite guitar sound these days.The quintessential one,imho.
I'm guessing you like XTC also-have you ever noticed how the guitar lick at the coda of Towers of London sounds remarkably like the one at the coda of Got to Get You In to My Life? I've always loved that lick.
Thanks for the info and advice,
Adrian

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View