Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Report from Cradle Show: Chris Plays with Yo La Tengo

I just returned from an incredible night of music at the Cat's Cradle in Chapel Hill--a benefit to raise funds for the NC Democratic Party. Yo La Tengo's Swing States Tour stopped at the Cradle and they were joined by Chris, Mac McCaughaun (hope I spelled it correctly) of Superchunk, and David Kilgour. (Mitch Easter was scheduled to join them, but couldn't make it.) Though most of the night consisted of the six musicians playing Yo La Tengo songs, they played a George Harrison cover, a Dylan cover, and "I'm Your Puppet." Chris sang lead on two songs (one from "It's a Wonderful Life," the other I didn't recognize--"In a Rut" possibly??) and switched effortlessly from guitar to keyboards to cello to drums. Both Mac and David sang lead on a couple songs as well. What a fun show, with Chris showing just how musically versatile he is. Great job by all involved. Chris, if you read this, I'd love to hear your thoughts on what it's like to join such a talented group of musicians for what I assume was a one-time show. Kudos.

Re: Report from Cradle Show: Chris Plays with Yo La Tengo

Sounds like a great show.

I drove from Durham to Northern VA yesterday so I'd be well rested for tonight's Vote For Change show - had I looked at the cradle's schedule and seen that show I would have stayed another night and driven this morning. That'll teach me!

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View