Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Speaking of Murray Attaway...

Peter, I noticed that you said in another post that you recorded with Murray. Was that on "In Thrall"? I don't remember you being listed in the credits. Or was this for another (hopefully) project? I was/ am a big GD fan and my wife and I saw Murray open for ... can't remember who it was now but bought "In Thrall" at that show. Fantastic CD and we'd love to hear more.

Re: Speaking of Murray Attaway...

Not In Thrall, but recordings that Murray did later on with Bill Bonk on bass and guitar, Will on drums, me on assorted instruments and Don Dixon producing and I believe playing bass. I couldn't tell you whether those recordings ever got released, but Murray, ever the sly dog, was sending around tapes of the songs calling the collection "How I Spent My Thirties". I think he's still doing Guadal. reunion shows from time to time, but Murray is immersed in his graphic design work (see the nice job he did on Out of My Way, with only the directions from the artist "I want it to look like coffee ice cream and raspberry sherbet.")

Re: Re: Speaking of Murray Attaway...

Man, I'd love to hear those recordings!

Last I read on the GD site they were doing some reunion shows but (like ya'll) no where near here.

When I saw him just about the time "In Thrall" came out it looked like he was playing with a coupla kids! That wasn't Will, was it?

Re: Re: Re: Speaking of Murray Attaway...

I'd also really like to hear those post-In Thrall recordings!

I wonder why they never got an official release?

I'm really digging the Guad Diary reissues, particularly 2X4 with all of the bonus tracks, such as the awesome Shango and Carrying the Torch...check them out if you haven't already done that!

By the way, it's great to see some Connells discussion on this board. I'm a huge fan of that band and wish they would put something new out soon!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Speaking of Murray Attaway...

Man, there's so many bands from that time I'd love to hear again. I was just over at the Dash Rip Rock site. It's been quite a while since I've heard anything from them. They're supposed to have something out by Feb.

A lot of these guys are still recording, still with the same bands, but 'round here I never get to hear them.

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View