Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Recent PH photos/birthdays question

Or 'img' rather...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Recent PH photos/birthdays question

with the shaved head and goatee, Peter kind of resembles the guy on the Seinfeld show who has the stand off with George over the parking place. The one who tries to convince Jerry that being called "phony" is a good thing and eventually on another show Jerry slams the trunk lid on his hands when as a bookie he welches on paying Jerry off after a bet.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Recent PH photos/birthdays question

I think I'm gonna revert to the hip/scholarly from before. Sorta like the world's most rockingest beatnik poet or something.
Speaking of which ... I'm surprised the beatnik poet/lit prof/Seinfeld extra in question hasn't chimed in yet?

Howzabout it, Peter. Which one of the above? :)

john

my word on the subject...

Having never seen a complete episode of Seinfeld, I'll have to bag on that one.

My late brother Curtis was heard to explain to our mom that when hair doesn't grow on top anymore, you should grow a beard. After years of thinning and hiding it under the ubiquitous bandana, I managed to marry a smart woman who asked what was up there. Indeed, there was very little to see. So I started shaving my head for a while after a Hallowe'en where I dressed identically to my general manager at Borders (bald, tattooed, piercings). Shaving became ten more minutes in the shower that I could focus and meditate.

Since the end of the 2004 Hootie touring season, I've allowed the follicles to regroup and am now affecting the 'baby eagle' (term courtesy of Jamie Hoover) tonsure.

My choice of eyeglass frames came from Jeff Beninato and his wife Karen who sell vintage frames inherited from Karen's dad's optical store. They gave Sarah and me frames for wedding gifts, and I exchanged mine for ones that looked like Michael Douglas in "Falling Down".

I've reinvented my look so many times in my life because I feel it's one of man's inalienable rights to reinvent one's self whenever it suits him.

The final word on the subject.

Here is a photo of Peter from about a week ago. Such a handsome man! Enjoy.

Re: Recent PH photos/Gene question

Thanks for the photos,y'all and especially to Sarah's recent one.You weren't kidding about re-invention,Peter.Kudos!!
Are there any recent(or fairly-recent)ones of the other original three (especially Will and Gene)?
And speaking of Gene,I've noticed he's never posted at this forum and seems,to me,to have been neglected.
I was always a big fan of his bass playing and regard him as one of my all-time fave bassists.
Thanks for any info/pics on him(and Will).
And Chris,you're loved as well.Your new CD is still on top of my "get"-list!

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View