Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Love is For Lovers

I just heard the song for the first time in 20 years and recall the one thing I'd have changed, that I recalled in 1984, had I had a hand in it's production. In the last verse, "and if you're happy then you ought to stay there," the lead guitar hit several single notes progressing higher each time beginning, "and if you're happy," next "you...." next "I'm not certain.....," then it went down at, "that I know the way there."

I would have recommended 1 higher note at "that I know the way there," reaching a cresendo followed by six or seven falling progressively lower notes on this line. That song would have really taken off then.

Re: Love is For Lovers

Didn't mean to sound so critical of this song, it happens to be one of my most favorite rock songs of all time! Anyway the album is also great, as I have just acquired it since last hearing it in 1984 on a block show on KBCO or KTCL in Denver. The dBs had just opened for REM at the U. of Colorado in this old theatre on campus, venue probably about 500. What a great show!

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View