Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: an embarrassing Milestone moment of mine

Is it true that you can use duct tape in lieu of a condom in a real emergency?

Re: Re: The Milestone in Charlotte

Wow the Milestone - that's a memory. Remember they allowed you to spray your own graffitti on the walls, and that most excellent juke box? Saw the The Insect Surfers, Bad Brains with Why Die, Mission of Burma, etc. Good times...good times.
What's that other club in Charlotte called? Saw bands like NRBQ and Dread Zep...like the PhotoFactory or something?

Re: Re: Re: The Milestone in Charlotte

Jack, you're probably thinking of the Visulite Theatre in Charlotte on Elizabeth Avenue. It's become quite the place for shows in the past few years. I just saw Lucinda Williams there several months ago.

another club in Charlotte

We played at Viceroy Park there too. Very weird old supermarket that was turned into a club but not finished somehow. There was also the Pterodactyl, I think. The C. Drifters were only able to book gigs in the Queen City at the Double Door. Viva Milestone!

Re: another club in Charlotte

Yep, Peter, I saw the dB's at the Pteradactyl shortly after "The Sound of Music" was released. I recall you being decked out in your infamous (?) Elvis Presley/paisleyesque shirt. Y'all blew the roof off the place, especially when the bass kicked in on "Today Could Be the Day." Ahh, memories...

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View