Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: dB's Tribute

Larry,

I don't know much about it but I did contribute a track - a version of I Feel Good (Today). I've also heard Tim Lee's version of Molly Says which is quite good. You could probably get a complete track listing from Jim Huie at Paisley Pop - info@paisleypop.com

He's a swell guy and a huge dBs fan. I ran into Will Rigby in Cleveland last January and hooked him up with Jim so Will may be involved in some fashion.

Bobby Sutliff

Re: Re: dB's Tribute

Hi Bobby,

I'm on there too, with a version of "She Got Soul." Just hadn't heard the full line-up yet. Yours will be a fine track, I'm sure, as will Tim's!

By the way, I'm working with Jim to possibly set up a record release in Chicago. Interested in playing?

Best,
Larry

P.S. My good friend, Ned Doherty, plays bass on our track; he knows Will too. Small world.

P.P.S. Jim is indeed a swell guy!

Re: Re: Re: dB's Tribute

Here's what I got on a test pressing, although who knows whether everything will be on there:
1. Cycles Per Second - Lisa Mychols
2. If and When - Spike Priggen
3. Think Too Hard - Hoover, Lloyd, Crenshaw & Dixon
4. Death Garage - Noel Coward's Ghost)
5. Working For Somebody Else - Adam Marsland & Evie Sands
6. Ask For Jill - Swivel Chairs
7. Dynamite - Don Dixon
8. Nothing is Wrong - Brown Mountain Lights
9. Moving in Your Sleep - Steve Almaas & Alie Smith
10. Amplifier - Matt Keating
11. Storm Warning - Mello Cads
12. From a Window to a Screen - Tangerine Trousers
13. I Feel Good (Today) - Bobby Sutliff
14. Lonely Is (As Lonely Does) - Jill Olson
15. Molly Says - Tim Lee
16. Never Say When - The Saving Graces
17. On the Battlefront - Francine
18. She Got Soul - Larry O. Dean
19. White Train - Last Train Home
20. I Lie - Ray Mason
It's so flattering to have people doing your songs, especially in this tribute format. Thanks to all of y'all who cared enough to do this; a few years ago, there was a move afoot to do a dB's tribute that was scrapped for lack of interest!

Happy New Year!

Love,
Peter

Re: Re: Re: Re: dB's Tribute

Yikes! That's DAMNED impressive! Some fine contributors. One thing tho. No "Darby Hall." That song is right up w/The MIGHTY Let's Active's "Badger" off Big Plans For Everybody as one of my all time fave songs actually. Bobby, maybe you can persuade Mitch to do that ... nudge nudge ... ah, just thinking out loud is all. This is fantastic news regardless. This and the now(maybe) happening Ryko Paisley U-ground box-set, pretty cool.

Mark

Re: Re: Re: Re: dB's Tribute

Glad to see "Lonely Is (As Lonely Does)" on the list. That one is my personal favorite.

Congratulations guys!

Re: Re: Re: dB's Tribute

Larry, contact me off list about Chicago. I could probably get my longtime pal John Stirratt to play with me.

Bob

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View