Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
silly question for Peter

Hi Peter,
I was wondering the other day if you have a particular Beatles song(s) you consider your personal fave(s).I know that's a tough one to answer,but I thought since you grew up with them,if there were certain ones that really 'hit' you hard back then.Or maybe now,even.
Also,who do you consider your all-time fave group?
Thanks,
Adrian

silly answer from Peter

Hmmm. Favorite Beatle songs would have to be:
1.) And Your Bird Can Sing - Vox AC30 theme song
2.) Tell Me What You See - the harmonies, ohhhhh
3.) I Dig a Pony - sucker for a good waltz
4.) Rain - for the Starr/McCartney arrangement
5.) I'm Down - just because...

Favorite band? Too many of 'em. Big Star, the Move, Beach Boys, Mott the Hoople, Slade, Flamin' Groovies, Husker Du, Johnny Burnette Trio, Fairport and Richard Thompson, the Equation, Only Ones, Free, Ryan Adams, Mary Margaret O'Hara, Maddy Prior/June Tabor, Waterson Carthy, the Monks, Suicide, Television, Velvet Underground, Caetano Veloso, Soft Boys, Stereo MC's, Captain Beefheart, Thad Cockrell, the Meters, Booker T. and the MG's, Otis Redding, the Four Tops, Peter Blegvad, the Clash, the La's, Graham Parker, Gram Parsons, Elvis Presley and Costello, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Chris Kenner, Ray Charles, Traffic, Blind Faith, Derek and the Dominoes, Allman Brothers Band, the Golden Gate Quartet, Comedian Harmonists, X, Lucinda Williams, Michelle Branch, Phil Ochs, Bob Dylan, the Band, the Bonzo Dog Band, the Faces, Marvin Gaye, Christopher Milk, Magic Sam, Don & Dewey, Wishbone Ash, Frances Dunnery, Larry Williams/Johnny "Guitar" Watson, the Stanley Brothers, Flatt and Scruggs, John Mayer, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Lord Buckley, Anna Russell, Jonathan and Darlene Edwards, the Kit Kats, Jimmy Ruffin, Bob Seger System, the MC-5, and pretty much everyone else except for the Moldy Peaches. If there's anyone in that list that you don't know, I would highly recommend albums by any of 'em. All time? Impossible, since time is still ticking.

Re: Christopher Milk

Christopher Milk? Really? Man, I haven't thought about Christopher Milk in years.

I love Christopher Milk, and always have, from way back when Mendelssohn used to write about himself in Rolling Stone. Did you read "I, Caramba"? And does anyone have a copy of the John Mendelssohn's Pits EP that they'd like to send me on CD-R? I can return the favor with a CD-R of Christopher Milk's EP on United Artists and the "Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace" 45.

Re: Re: Christopher Milk

Hi Dean, I'd like to do this swap with you. I've never even seen a copy of the UA EP but I do remember buying my copy of the album in NYC in September 78 just after seeing the dB's play at CBGBs. The Pits EP is great (but you probably already knew that).

Re: silly answer from Peter

WOW! What an eclectic list, Peter. I would say you've run the gamut if you consider Husker Du and Flatt & Scruggs among your faves. I have to ask: I know you've played with a number of these guys/gals/groups. Are there any in particular you haven't played with but long to?

Re: Re: silly answer from Peter

Gee, probably people like Ian Hunter, Chrissie Hynde, David Johansen, Nick Lowe and naturally, Paul McCartney. The phone ain't ringin' off the hook yet...

Re: silly question for Peter

But let's say that you had to pick just one artist or band-who would it be? For whatever reason(s),it doesn't matter.Just one,your ultimate-ultimate.Please?

Re: Re: silly question for Peter

One band, huh? Let's say Johnny Cash.

Re: silly question for Peter

Ah-ha.Thank-you,Mr. Holsapple.

oops, I left off...

The Kinks, Humble Pie, Let's Active, Redstart, George "Bongo Joe" Coleman, the Misunderstood and the Zombies, among others....

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View