Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question for Chris Re: The Sound You Hear

Hi, Chris. While listening to Travels in the South last night, I happened upon a new favorite song from the disc--"The Sound You Hear." There's one line in the song that I find particularly intriguing: "And the sound you hear is the silence of the song you used to be." While I have no idea if this song is autobiographical and of course I understand that song lyrics may be interpreted in countless ways, I have to wonder if this song relates in any way to your stint with the dB's. Care to share any history relating to this song? Thanks.

Re: Question for Chris Re: The Sound You Hear

An event (such as waves in air ) can leave an "afterimage" that can seem as real or present as the past event was. Which was the dream, which is the now? Of course the original "real" event might have been very brief but the "sound you [continue to] hear" might go on for quite a while, years perhaps (If I continue myself in this vein it will get embarrassing fast, it's already sounding like metaphysical tinnitus.)

But it had nothing to do with your supposition as best I know. It had more to do with "Friday on My Mind" by the Easybeats.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi, Chris. While listening to Travels in the South last night, I happened upon a new favorite song from the disc--"The Sound You Hear." There's one line in the song that I find particularly intriguing: "And the sound you hear is the silence of the song you used to be." While I have no idea if this song is autobiographical and of course I understand that song lyrics may be interpreted in countless ways, I have to wonder if this song relates in any way to your stint with the dB's. Care to share any history relating to this song? Thanks.

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View