Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Anybody know what Will is up to these days?

Will has been drumming for Steve Earle for the past few years.

Re: Anybody know what Will is up to these days?/Amy Rigby

Speaking of Amy,I caught her in LouKY supporting Diary of a Mod Housewife,I believe her first album.
She had a few "drummer-jokes" to tell.Amusing.
I wonder what she's been up to?
Adriancz.

I have all of Amy's records and she is absolutely terrific. There's a sweeping instrumental section of "Don't Ever Change" from her laest CD that brings a tear to my eye nearly as much as the Pogues' "Fairytale of New York" does. At the Yo La Tengo Hannukah show i attended at Maxwell's in Hoboken in December, Amy's early 90s band The Shams reunited. Such heavenly harmonies! Check out their long-lost video on launch.com. Unfortunately i can't access it from my Mac!

Will also put out a solo CD called Paradoxaholic about two years ago that's got some real great stuff on it, including a song about him being a big Dylan fan. I was lucky enough to get him to do some recording and performing with me in 96 and 97 when he still lived in the New York area. He's one of my all-time favorite drummers.

I really don't have much to add except that i got to meet will a few months ago. well, i shook his hand at least. He was a surprise guest at one of the pre-election Yo La Tengo shows. But the real surprise treat was the last song of the night when Will's daughter (oh, i hate my terrible memory, but it seems to me her name was Hazel? ..can anyone correct me on this?) went on stage to sing X's "love's a mess it's in my kiss." quite a stage presence for a 16 yr old.

Anyway... yeah, at that time i guess they had just recently moved to cleveland.

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View