Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chris Stamey is Raleigh

I went to see Chris in his gig at the Pour House last night. Scheduled to be a 7:00 PM show. I showed up about 6:30 and Chris was sitting on the speaker in front of the stage in the dark playing his electric guitar and singing "Happenstance." I asked the owner of the club and she said the show started at 7:00 and that he had been up there just playing around since about 6:15 so I must have missed a few songs. I went to the rest room after my two hour drive up and missed some of the next song. It sounded vaguely familiar (as Chris's new songs frequently do) but I could not identify it. The catchline was "Send me something real." Matt McMichael came out pulled up a stool and joined him in front of the stage with his acoustic guitar and Tyson Rogers went to the piano (on the stage but still in the dark)and they did "There's A Love" and "Insomnia" from the Travels in the South album. Then Chris identified himself as Hogie McCaffery or some such bogus name and said the main act will be out in a few minutes. They came out as a full band with Jon Wurster on drums and John Chumbris on bass about 7:20 and did an almost one hour set of tunes mainly from Travels and his new CD with a couple new ones to probably be on his next CD. Setlist: Shapes of Things/McCauley Street/Politician/Venus/Ride/(new) Skin/In Spanish Harlem/Compared to What/(new) I Knew You Before You Were Born(?)/The Summer Sun/Kierkegaard/Turn, Turn, Turn (first verse)>14 Shades of Green

What did I miss Chris? Any more dB's tunes?

Great show. Everybody go out and see him if the chance presents itself.

Re: Chris Stamey IN Raleigh

Whoops typo in thread title

Re: Chris Stamey is Raleigh

Hey Jim,

How was the turnout? I saw Chris in Vienna, VA a couple of months ago and was stunned at how few people were in attendance. Chris put on a great show and I enjoyed every minute, but I couldn't help but wonder why nobody was there...

Greg

Re: Re: Chris Stamey is Raleigh

Afraid it is the same story here, Greg. People don't realize what a good show they have the opportunity to see. Travels in the South is about the best new album I heard last year. It gets critical praise but nobody has heard of it.

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View