Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Anybody else know about a Holsapple (I think) song called "Second Time Around"?

While I'm not familiar at all with "Second Time Around," I agree, Spence, that Sir Holsapple knows how to get emotion from a pen. Those lyrics simply leave me speechless. Peter, give yourself a huge pat on the back. Hell, make it a bear hug! I hope to hear this song on a future recording.

Re: Anybody else know about a Holsapple (I think) song called "Second Time Around"?

If you think "just" reading the lyrics on a page sounds good, it was even better live. Why do you think I've been looking for the song for 12+ years now...? Yep, it sounded great at the show, and that was "only" Peter on guitar. Whether it's (hopefully) eventually recorded as an acoustic or dressed up number with other instruments, I'm sure it'll be great.
Thank you again Peter, for being kind enough to supply the lyrics, as well as to consider putting it on a future recording.
Sandy

Re: Re: Anybody else know about a Holsapple (I think) song called "Second Time Around"?

Wow -- what incredible lyrics there.
That's reason #1 why Peter is on my list of top pop songwriters. This may now be my second favorite Holsapple lyric. It'll still take a lot to topple "Pretty Damn Smart."

Peter, what is the story, if any, behind that tune? I've always wondered if it was based on an actual person.

Best,
John Micek

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View