Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: CBGB's may close?

There was an article about this in the last day or two in the NY Times (I think). CBs isn't the only place being hit -- the entire block has become valuable property, and the longtime renters are being squeezed. If Hilly had a chance to buy it and didn't it really is a shame. I went to tons of shows there in the 80s (saw the dBs at Irving Plaza though, I think they were bigger by the time I discovered them). It does seem to have waned a long time ago, though, in terms of playing any kind of vital role in the music scene. There are too many other clubs, and the music industry is so different than it was 20 years ago.

Still and nonetheless: sigh...

Re: Re: CBGB's may close?

I think I saw the dB's at CBs, maybe it was Irving now come to think of it. Maybe when that was Club 57 ...? ...when/where-ever.

Luna Lounge over on Stanton has recently been given their walking papers as well. Luxury condos coming to THAT neighborhood any time now .

I don't know what's up concerning the myriad up-scale clubs and nightspots down in that area nowaday. Whether there was foresight involved (that Hilly apparently lacks) ...ie... buying the buildings when affordable ...whatever. All those blocks between The Bowery and Chrystie ... joints galore. Not all that many I'd be caught dead in. But lots of them now.

Re: CBGB's may close? - Wow

I had no idea this was going on. I was just there - maybe three weeks ago to do a video interview with Stephanie Chernikowski. So glad we did it! A little piece of history preserved!

Same thing happened to the Hit Factory...

Real estate prices made it a whole lot more profitable to close it and build condos...

Sheesh!

Tim

http://www.moodswingers.org

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View