Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: darby hall

After reading those lyrics,I've been wondering what prompted that song?
Any insight,Peter?
Thanks,
Adrian

Re: Re: darby hall

Sitting on a front porch in Athens GA in the midst of an R.E.M. tour in about 1981, on a swing... a friend's sister from prep school came to mind, as did the dormitories there... I guess that's kind of oblique, but that's the best I recall.

Re: darby hall

I can't seem to remember this song. Was it released on an album???

I've owned them all at one point or another, but even looking at the lyrics, it doesn't sound familiar at all...

help!!!

Re: Re: darby hall

"Darby Hall" was the flip side of the "Love is For Lovers" 45 on Bearsville. When Rhino reissued "Like This" on CD, they added this track which wasn't on the original album to fluff out the available time on disc. Chris and I performed the song on the Mavs tour, and I've done it solo (what haven't I done solo?!) over the years.

So it's very plausible you wouldn't know the tune. It's a good 'er, though.

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View