Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Like This" question for Peter

I've always heard the Japanese pressings of "Like This" included a lyric sheet. Have you ever seen one? I've seen other artists whose Japanese lyric sheets had bizarre translations (the sheets usually had lyrics in Japanese and English-which seemed to be translated back to English from Japanese). Did the "Like This" sheet have any of these bizarre translation "quirks"? Thanks!

Re: "Like This" question for Peter

Yes, in fact it did. I can't find mine for the life of me. Perhaps Will has one at hand. There are some real jewels, as I recall.

Re: "Like This" Japanese lyric sheet

Putting up scans of the Japanese lyric sheets of both STANDS FOR DECIBELS and LIKE THIS is one of many back-burner projects for The dB's Online. It would be more impressive to see the actual artyfact than to just type out the incorrect lyrics.

That being said, here's a nugget:

AND AMPLIFIER JUST PUT HIM WIRER AND WIRER
WOULDN'T DO NO GOOD
WHEN YOUR HEART IS WASTING LIKE
A PLAYED OUT CARD
ALL HE GOT WAS OVER IT AN AMPLIFIER

Re: Re: "Like This" Japanese lyric sheet

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net