Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: dB's shows info

Long live dBs! As soon as you add other shows, add a Chapel Hill-area show. Also, work on CD release of Like This and Sound of Music.

The dBs are back. Roll over, Coldplay, tell New Order the news!

Where is this Hideout block party. There is no State/City/Time etc. Please inform. And, oh, I was told to be funny so...

Think of a number between 1 and 9
Multiply that number by 9
add these two digits together
now subtract 5

go into the alphabet this many letters
Think of a country that begins with this letter
now think of an animal that begins with the last letter of the country you thought of
now think of a fruit that begins with the last letter of the animal you thought of.

Your thinking of a Kangaroo having an orange in Denmark.

Bada boom. thanks and will see you at your shows.

Re: Re: dB's shows info

The Hideout Block Party is in front of the Hideout (duh), a great little bar in Chicago in a very industrial part of town (on Wabansia just west of the Chicago River just north of North Avenue). They close off the street and set up a stage and party all weekend long.

I went last year to the Bloodshot Records 10th Anniversary show on Sunday and it was a blast. 10 bucks at the gate with no advance tickets available. Their web site lists no details yet but the lineup is usually killer.

Plus, the great thing about this is the ability to see the dBs twice in the same day. I saw them once back in the day but Chris had already left so this will be a real treat.

Bill Swan
Sun Prairie, WI

Holy #$%$$@** !!

I haven't seen these guys since 1985- Last time I saw them at Maxwell's I was sneaking in with fake ID!!
Living in Chapel Hill for a few years I was lucky enough to catch Chris' s shows a few times but this is like I'm waking up to a dream.
See y'all there!
Jill

Re: Re: dB's shows info

Maybe the boys can do "Ask For Jill" in your honor. I saw them do a scorchingly brilliant version of it in Champaign in 1981!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Holy #$%$$@** !!

I haven't seen these guys since 1985- Last time I saw them at Maxwell's I was sneaking in with fake ID!!
Living in Chapel Hill for a few years I was lucky enough to catch Chris' s shows a few times but this is like I'm waking up to a dream.
See y'all there!
Jill

Re: Re: Re: dB's shows info

...I thought asking was a bit presumptious. But now that you mention it...
Actually one of my strongest memories of a dB's show was that my ears would whistle and hum for about 24 hours after a show- I'm sure I lost more than a few decibels. J

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View