Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Paris Avenue - When was it recorded?

Hi, sorry this took so long.

Part of Paris Avenue was recorded in 1986 and some in 1988, all of it in New Orleans at the home studio of Mike Carson. We lived in the house and recorded in the back. The machine we used to record on was not real reliable, hence some sixteen-track recording sessions were actually fifteen- or fourteen-. Eric Peterson was on lead guitar throughout, and his playing was splendid and inventive. Jimmy Descant, who took the picture on the back of us on a French TV stage, was dispatched to find rollercoaster noises for one song, and we used a brake drum that just happened to be under the stairway on another. I guess I produced that stuff, if you consider it produced... Five years later, I was living in that selfsame house, but that's another story altogether.

Re: Re: Paris Avenue - When was it recorded?

Thanks for the reply, Peter. I can't wait to see you guys on September 20th!

A follow-up to my question: Were these sessions in New Orleans carried out with an eye towards an LP release, or were you just demoing material? Or a combination of the two? How did the eventual release of this stuff (in 1994) come about?

Thanks again for replying,
Phil

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View