Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Orleans

Dear friends,

Please say a prayer for the city where my family and I live. My wife and children are evacuated, and I'm on the road with Hootie, so we're all safe and sound. Think good thoughts and hope that there will be only a modicum of havoc in New Orleans.

Love,
Peter

"They're trying to wash us away." Randy Newman

Re: New Orleans

So glad your family is out of harm's way, Peter. Big wishes of total safety and minimal damage for everybody down there.

Re: Re: New Orleans

Glad to hear you and yours are safe and sound, Peter.
Here's a quiet prayer for New Orleans -- hope the city makes it through all right.

best,
John Micek

Peter,
Positive thoughts from me to you & yours and everyone in one of America's most important cities. May everyone make it through ok...steve

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Dear friends,

Please say a prayer for the city where my family and I live. My wife and children are evacuated, and I'm on the road with Hootie, so we're all safe and sound. Think good thoughts and hope that there will be only a modicum of havoc in New Orleans.

Love,
Peter

"They're trying to wash us away." Randy Newman

Hi Peter,
I was thinking about you and your family earlier today because I know you are based in that area. Things will be alright. Prayers are being said.
best
pete galub

Hi Peter,
I'm writing this tonight because the first thing I thought of when I was watching the news earlier this evening about the hurricane was you and your loved ones and how you were doing.
Thanks for the post-glad to know you're fine and well.
Over here in central Europe there have been tremendous floods from Germany to Romania.Even parts of Czech Republic and Slovakia have been hit pretty hard,so there's turmoil and havoc here as well(though we've been lucky in my part).Seems no matter where you go on this earth,some type of natural disaster is bound to happen.
My thoughts and compassion are with those who are now without.Adrian

Peter~

Been sending up prayers for all in the affected areas the last days. Glad to know you are 'safe' on the road with the Boys, and that your family is out of harms way as well. Hoping and praying the damage will be minimal, as opposed to what was originally expected.

Love & Laughs,
Cindy~

Hey,

Glad to hear things are `okay`...!

More thoughs and prayers coming your way...!

Take care,
AJ

Just wanted to add more good wishes to Peter and family/friends. Will be thinking lots of warm, dry thoughts.

Peter,
As my adopted "second home", I have prayed fervently for your city. I'm not sure that NO as we know it will survive. But Hubigs, Carrollton Station, Brocatos, etc. aside, I know we will see the best side of New Orleans people emerge. Best wishes to you and your family. It seems that we may, indeed, teach the world to cry.

Take care,
Al

Likewise, my thoughts are with all the people and their families affected by this awful storm.

Peter: We're thinking of you

My God, Peter, the reports coming out of the Gulf Coast are pretty horrific. Obviously, all of our thoughts and prayers (and our abilities to help, even if remotely) are with all of the folks affected by Katrina and its aftermath. I heard that Jackson Barracks was under 12 feet of water, and that can't be good. Here's hoping that your New Orleans life makes it through with the minimum amount of damage possible.

I just donated online to the Red Cross (redcross.org), and would ask everybody to just take a second to think if they could help out somehow.

Best,
-steve

Re: Peter: We're thinking of you

Just watched some of the latest news. And though I've done it already, just thought I'd pass along thoughts and prayers again.
Here's hoping we all come together for the people of Louisiana and Mississippi.

Re: Re: Peter: We're thinking of you

The whole Gulf Coast/New Orleans situation is horrific. My wife's sister and her family have (had) a house in Pass Christian MS on the beach. Apparently the entire community was washed away. They're fine since they got out a few days earlier. Peter - my prayers are with you.

so relieved to hear that peter and his family are fine. if anyone has word about susan, miranda, and the drifters, please post. thanks

This just gets worse and worse. It's terrifying. Peter, so thankful that you and your family are safe, but so desperately sad about the long-term impact this will have on your family and friends and neighbors. I'm not a religious person, but I am praying for all of you.

from the Continental Drifters forum:

Hi,

I'm in San Diego with Hootie. My wife and children are safe in Little Rock with family. Susan and Russ are safe in Nashville. Thanks for your prayers.

Love,
Peter

Peter,
My family, yours and my buddy Steve Watson's (kingpin, 1000 dollar car) families were very much on my mind when I heard about the tragedy in New Orleans.
I hope everyone you know and care about are safe and sound. I look forward to seeing the DBs in Chicago
Best
Steve Karras

Dear friends,
Is it really true that New Orleans is under civil unrest and mayhem with violence and fighting? Man,that IS really disturbing.This is a time for people to really come together,not fall apart.
Much love and hope for the people who are suffering and who've lost loved ones.I do pray it doesn't escalate out of control any more than it apparantly has.
Adrian

hey everybody (and my dear captain holsapple) ......just checking in, someone told me to come post here...i'm peter's bass player from his 'other' band in new orleans, PRASB....peter's family and extended family are all safe and accounted for.......i'm still coming to the dB's shows in new jersey, i'd walk from here if i had to------can't wait to see you, peter.......chin up.....i love you, and i'll talk to you and see you soon...-------sandi

Re: Re: Re: New Orleans

Thank you for the update Sandi. I'm glad to hear that they are all safe and sound. I've never seen anything like what is happening in the Gulf Coast area and it's seems to be getting worse every day.
I read this morning that Alex Chilton and Fats Domino are unaccounted for:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/fears-for-fats-domino-and-alex-chilton/2005/09/02/1125302739005.html

Again, our thoughts are with everyone affected by these horrific events.

Re: Re: Re: Re: New Orleans

Just saw on my musician's BBS that they've found Fats. Hadn't heard about Alex.

Glad to hear that you and your family are safe, Peter. Hoping to hear from others in the NOLA area shortly.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Orleans

I will add my meager voice to the chorus- glad you and family are safe. We are all hurting for N.O.- and hoping for the best recovery possible.

Todd

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View