Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
help for musicians in NO

Peter,

First of all, it's a huge relief to see you and the family (and musical family) made it out and are safe.
I hope that you guys didn't lose too much.

Secondly, I've been talking to musicians here in London and we're all hurting for the city of NO and the great states of LA, MISS, and AL. We have all benefitted from the inspiration of the area's music and culture and hate to see it suffer so.

While we have donated to Red Cross, Salvation Army, area food banks in cities taking in victims we can't help but feel especially for our musical brethern who have lost so much. I know that in a life and death situation you just can't even let your gear enter in to it, but eventually the musicians that play such a big part in the cities vibe and provide the cities heartbeat are gonna need lots of help replacing instruments and such. I would imagine that most working musicans in the city didn't have the insurence to cover the loss. I know that if myself and the guys in my band had something catastrophic happen we would be SOL.

If you hear of any funds being set up to help with getting the tools of the trade back into the hands of the music makers please let me know. you can reach me via email at info@bobcollumonline.com
I know that the musicans over here would do all that we can to help out be it donations of money, gear, etc.

take care and stay safe
bc

Re: help for musicians in NO

unbeliveably, I missed Jeff's post about the fund that's been set up in Chicago! I'll be in contact with him ASAP

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View