Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hootie is on Letterman Sept 7

Well, have fun...! Too bad we can`t get that over here, I finally got NBC, so Jay is no problem, but Letterman...no.

Great job, Peter! Band sounded great and you looked cool. Two questions:
1) Did you get to interact with Allen Toussaint at all?
2) What's Gwyneth Paltrow really like?

Re: Re: Hootie is on Letterman Sept 7

Let me chime in and say that it was a great performance. Nice to see you Peter. Some great close-up shots of you.

Re: Re: Re: Hootie is on Letterman Sept 7

Yes, very nice job, Peter!

I couldn't believe it when the house band starting playing and there was Allen Toussaint sitting in.
Wow, talk about a "lagniappe"! You must have been particularly thrilled to have him there. The last I'd heard, he was stuck at the Superdome waiting to be evacuated.

Gray

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hootie is on Letterman Sept 7

I didn't get to say much to Mr. Toussaint, but I told him I was from NOLA and good luck. He apparently has an apartment in NYC from NYNO records days, so hopefully he has some of his stuff there. It was very cool. I chatted al little with Paul Shaffer about the benefit he put on for Mike Smith from the Dave Clark Five. Sounded amazing! He caught me up on Don Covay as well. Paul is a great and generous person. Glad y'all liked the show. Hope that spikes the interest in the song.

Oh, and Gwyneth Paltrow is very tall in person. That's about all I can say...

Which brings me to ask Peter-how tall are you,btw?
Recently on a Columbo rerun from '71 a few weekends ago,I pointed out to my wife Blythe Danner,who was guesting on that episode.
Did anyone out there tape the Letterman segment?
I would've loved to have seen it but nowhere as much as the forthcoming DB'S extravaganzas in Chi-town and Hoboken.Damn!
Your good dBUDDY,
Adrianczech

For Adrian and all who missed it: The performance is now online!
http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/exclusives/music/ls_ex_music_hootie.shtml

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View