Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Orleans

Thought that certain members of the dB's community might be interested in the following view, particularly given who wrote it:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,1072-1768247_1,00.html

Phil

Re: New Orleans

Thanks Phil. That's as powerful a piece of writing pertaining to the state of N.O. (post Katrina) that I've seen yet. Thanks for sharing.
And peace out to Peter, his family and all the fine residents of New Orleans. Hope things make a turn for the better soon.

And, I'll see you folks in Chicago! (If you still need a room - Try Priceline.com) Last weekend got a room at The Treemont for 100 a night! Not cheap, but better than the standard 250 a night rate.
Can't wait for the Chi-town shows!!
Spencer

Re: Re: New Orleans

I remember when Ray got shot on the edge of the Quarter last year, I think I know almost exactly where it happened (and I've walked down that same street many times myself). A very eloquent piece by the-still great leader of the Kinks (& I know that "Waterloo Sunset" is a fave of Peter, it has long been a "desert island" song for me).

Thanks for putting the article up here.

Gray

Re: Re: Re: New Orleans

This city will live again, and maybe this time the government will be less neglectful of our poor. Thanks Ray.

Re: New Orleans/

Hi Spencer,
Could you tell me the area of Chicago to click on for bidding on a room? There are several options and I was wondering which one House Of Blues is in.
Thanks!
Adrian

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View