Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Two Chcago Shows

Savoring and trying to distill all the events of yesterday’s 2 shows for my comment…sorry some of which repeat what some others already have posted. Thank you to those who posted the setlists and comments-much appreciated.

All the anticipation for the Hideout show didn’t come that close to the actual experience. What joy - I must have looked like a bobbing head doll bouncing around pretty close to stage front. Chris produced copies of the setlist from his SXSW? bag and distributed to each of the guys and then offered a setlist to the audience which of course someone gladly accepted. Forty minute set with 1 encore – one song, overall shorter than expected by the band I gather from Peter's post. Heck for a $10 charitable donation at the door no complaints from any of us fans. I really loved the two new songs. Was Will playing someone else’s drum kit???, as the previous band’s drummer played the same kit. It was screaming yellow zonkers yellow! Loved Chris' red guitar with flower? embellishment.

The HOB show was even better!! One hour main set then the 2 encores. Again really liked the total of 4 new songs. Someone posted that the sound system was crap-I didn’t think it was that bad. I was right upfront. I will say that at both shows I wish Chris’ mike would have been at a higher volume. Will was on house drum kit, but looked like he set up his own cymbals. So the band rocked the house. I was so mesmerized and gladly overwhelmed by the individual talents of all the guys and how they bring it all together as a band. Loved the smiles from the band!! Great job Andrew (Burton) - hope that's correct - on keyboards and backup vocals!

The equipment problem issues at both shows were certainly handled by the band with aplomb.

Purchased a poster with a fabulous graphic after the HOB show. (It was onsale also at the Hideout show.) It has both Chicago show dates on it. An added surprise is that when I unrolled it this morning I noticed it's signed by the designer/artist and numbered xx/125!!! I saw a number of you lucky people getting a poster autographed!!

Wish I would have made arrangements to go to Maxwell’s to see them Monday & Tuesday, but

Before Peter left the stage he said "We’re Back”!

Indeed! and I can’t wait for the new release from them and the chance to see them perform live again.

Thank you so much dB's for a wonderful evening of music and happiness!!!

Cynthia
Chicago

Re: Two Chicago Shows

Whoops -that's Two CHICAGO Shows. Couldn't figure out how to make correction on messageboard.

Re: Two Chcago Shows

Hey:
Before Peter left the stage he said "We’re Back”!

As I recall it was Will Rigby who said that into Peters
Mike while leaving the stage.
TonyF

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View