Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Review of Hideout show

... in today's Metromix:

http://tinyurl.com/dy7ej

The reviewer gets some key details wrong, but it's a nice write-up regardless.

I was at the Hideout and really enjoyed myself. Nice to see a huge crowd too, many of whom turned out for the band and showed their enthusiasm.

Kudos!

Re: Review of Hideout show

Funny review - "Mother Says?" Still, nice to get some positive pub for the band.

I also find it funny in the reviews that the concerts are labeled "retro." I think if any music from the '80s has held up on its own it would be the music of the dB's. Went to the HOB show and had a great time.

My favorite was when Peter was singing the end of the chorus of "Black and White" and pointed to the audience to help him out as his voice was starting to falter. The audience obliged, and loudly screamed "You Don't Like It At All." He instantly said "thanks." It was impressive.

Pretty funny to finish "Ask for Jill" and have Chris say "Piece of Cake."

After seeing the dB's at Parody Hall in KC around 1984 and then again a year later at Metro in Chicago, it was great to see them all together. First time I'd heard them do Chris' songs. It helped round out the whole experience.

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View