Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: new Big Star record

Spoke to Jon Auer last night at the Posies show. He opined that he was the only one of the four actually trying to make a "real" Big Star disc. Dunno about that - I think Jody's songs are great.

Re: Re: Re: Re: new Big Star record

Veering off topic as these things tend to do, I just saw the Posies myself last night.
One of the best shows I've seen since... well, the dB's shows in Chicago.
I was given the honor of playing/holding Jon's guitar during some mid-song running around in the audience, then got to witness him smash the guitar to bits on their last song (either for pure showmanship or out of frustration that one or more of the strings broke... probably both).

Anyway... Big Star.
I like it. But needless to say, it's not REALLY Big Star. And so it doesn't REALLY sound like a Big Star album. Of course every band is going to be a product of the musicians involed, and considering the musicians involved in this case that's a good thing.

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View