Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rate-A-Record

I know this is going to be a bit obscure, but I thought about this recently and was wondering if the band was aware of this piece of dB's history.

Back in the mid-late 1980s, I would always tune into American Bandstand on Saturday mornings. Every so often something interesting would happen in between the lip-synched performances by Matthew Wilder and Nick Gilder.

More often than not the tube was turned off after the intros. For some reason I was watching, maybe cleaning, whatever. When all of a sudden Rate-A-Record came on and there were the dB's. "Love is For Lovers" was the flip side of the song-battle contest. Can't remember what the first one was, but I was stunned to see a brief glimpse of hipness from Mr. Clark.

The song ended up being judged the better of the two by the polyester adorned couple. It's still foggy in my mind, but I believe it earned around a 76. You know, good beat, easy to dance to, etc.

Wasn't sure if the boys were aware of this brilliant piece of their past. Not that it did anything for them. But at least it showed somebody at the record company was doing their job.

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View