Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: They Might Be Liner Notes

I admit, I went to see the Young Fresh Fellows a few years ago almost purely based on recognizing the name from a TMBG song. It's a good thing I did. It wasn't until I arrived at the show that I learned that they were opening for the Soft Boys (OK, I knew the Soft Boys were opening, I just didn't realize that Robyn Hitchcock was in the Soft Boys, so I didn't care until then.) Great show all the way around and I owe it all to the two Johns.

Re: Re: They Might Be Liner Notes

Coincidentally, of both artists (dB's and Young Fresh Fellows) who appear in TMBG's "Twisting," the frontman of each band has gone on to be an auxiliary player for R.E.M.: Peter (1989-91) and Scott McCaughey (1995-on).

Re: Re: Re: They Might Be Liner Notes

Curtis Blow!!! I love Curtis Blow! I saw him at the first ever rap show in Mississippi way back in the early 80s...the New York City Fresh Festival sponsored by Swatch Watch and featuring Curtis, Run DMC, the Fat Boys, Whodini and the NYC Fresh Express. I still have my tee shirt with the Keith Harden break dancer art. Curtis Blow? Yeah, hell YEAH.

Oops...sorry. Didn't mean to rant. Okay. Maybe I did.

And now I'm compelled to quote that lyric, from "Where Your Eyes Don't Go":
You're free to come and go
or talk like Kurtis Blow
but there's a pair of eyes
in back of your head

It was in fact "Twisting" that got me to buy my first dB's CD, completely unheard, in the early 1990s!

--Phil

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View