Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Unrecorded dB's songs?

Yeah, I'm afraid it's more a tip of the skull to the plastic model kit.
http://www.discoverthis.com/visibleman.html

The other song is probably "Rains Around Here" which was never released until Jake put this website together. I haven't written a lot of ecologically themed songs, even though I feel very strongly about conservation. (There's another one of mine called "(You Could Get) Used to It" that talks about swimming pools filled with old tires... but I don't think that's the one in question.)

Re: Unrecorded dB's songs?

Guess I need to complete my research before posting, although it never hurts to get some chatter going. Yes, "Rains around here" is the one I was thinking of.

I got my daughter an invisible man (or woman, can't recall) kit a few years ago for a winter father-daughter project... I think it's still mint in the box.

Re: Re: Unrecorded dB's songs?

And on the same subject, anybody know if Diamond was ever recorded or performed by The dB's?

Phil

Re: Re: Re: Unrecorded dB's songs?

Nope, just the Palominos and me solo. The band never wanted to work it up.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Unrecorded dB's songs?

Peter, did you and Chris ever perform it in any Mavericks tour live sets? I only ask because i have a live recording of "Diamond" (gotten from Pat's fan site some time back) that is purportedly from a Mavericks tour gig.

I've also meant to inquire to you about something i have which may possibly be an item you lost at the old homestead. I'm referring to the lengthy feature that Goldmine did about you some years back ("Six Degrees Of Seperation...."). If you need it, i have a full size photo-quality copy of it on heavy card stock, would be glad to send it to you.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Unrecorded dB's songs?

That recording of "Diamond" is from a show at Baity's in Winston-Salem. I don't think it was really a part of a Mavericks tour or anything, just a show where Peter and Chris got together and played a number of songs.

The band featured a rotating cast of local musicians. I remember Ed Bumgardner played bass on "Something Came Over Me" and another song or two. Ted Lyons played drums for most of the night. I think Faye Hunter played as well, but not sure about that at this point (hey, it was a long time ago.)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Unrecorded dB's songs?

The Winston-Salem show was in May 1988. It was the day before the original dB's got together for the first time for a homeless benefit show in Charlotte ("Gimmie Shelter").

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Unrecorded dB's songs?

Hey Dean, Thanks for the details on that - much appreciated.

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View