Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tonight's show

Thanks for the pics Jake. Looking forward to the rest. It was great getting the chance to finally meet you. The whole evening went by in a blur for me so this snap is appropriate.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

This one is a little blurry - but fun...

Pics

Heh... Looks like we were standing next to each other the entire night Jake... Pretty funny!

AJ

Re: Pics

That's funny AJ! My wife and I were right at the corner - near the backstage exit. I was wearing a brown jacket with an 80's "Sound of Music" t-shirt on...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tonight's show

Wow I was literally standing next to you then ...
I was gazing at the setlist on the mixing board as the soundman bopped along all night. Felt like I was cheating but it added to the experience.

Were you the guy that said "this is a dream come true?" -- if so I was the one that turned around and nodded in agreement :)

Too many highlights to mention them all but I guess "Happenstance" took the cake ... it was an amazingly haunting and dynamic rendition of that anthem about the over-protective mother.

Best show I've seen in years by anybody ... if you have any chance of going to Chapel Hill date don't miss it!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tonight's show

You EmmaKay are a genius! Thanks so much and to you too Ralph.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tonight's show

Will's t-shirt said WORST PRESIDENT EVER. Gene looked like he lost a lot of weight since last year's show at Maxwells. They all sounded and looked great.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tonight's show

It was truly a great show! Nice to see Ira and Georgia (of Yo La Tengo) helping out on two songs during the Sneakers set (Ira played the tambourine and Georgia on the cow-bell). I also enjoyed Mitch's set. He played a good number of Let's Active songs (Everyword Means No, Flags For Everything, Ornamental, Fell, Reflecting Pool) as well as the new tunes. He really seemed to enjoy himself. I loved how he and Chris kept noting they were "pushing the musical envelope" with the Sneakers set. Also Robert Keeley was in fine form on bass!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tonight's show

sounds like a t-shirt he might have received from Steve Earle

Great show last night!!
A small correction to the set list; wasn't it "Let's Work Together"?

Thank for posting the set list - one correction is the cover song for the first encore (with Will on vocals and Chris on drums) was not "Let's Get Together" (or "Let's Stick Together" or "Let's Live Together") but "Let's Work Together" by Wilbert Harrison. Considering that Mitch joined in and the whole night's swell conglomeration, it seemed appropriate.

I hope the NC show gets recorded for release.

Re: Tonight's show

tonight's show....just cant believe it!!!!!!!!!!! SETLIST SETLIST MUST HAVE SETLIST!

Re: Re: Tonight's show

Utterly remiss by not having posted this sooner, but I don't know what I can add to the insights posted above.
Suffice to say: Peter, Chris, Gene and Will, thanks for putting on a show I've waited nigh on 20 years to see. You were all in fine form, and it's just left me hoping that a show in Philadelphia lurks somewhere in the not-too distant future.
What a night.
And it was worthwhile hearing "Love Is For Lovers," and "White Train."
On the latter, I was adding my good pal Mark Tomeo's pedal steel parts in my head.

Thanks again, fellas. Don't wait so long next time!

john micek

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View