Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
June 8 2009 DC area show

I drove 6 hours from Ohio to see the June 8 2009 DC area show. I had not seen Peter and Chris together since 1991.

It was the opening night of the tour and I really loved hearing them gel into a unit. Ending the show with Chris Bell's "I Am the Cosmos" was incredible. "Black and White" teleported me back to my family's living room in Winston-Salem, NC of the early 1980's where I would listen to the dB's import of "Stands for Decibels." Not sure if I could pronounce decibels back then.

That Peter took a few moments to chat was great. He amazingly remembered several families who lived in my neighborhood, oh so long ago.

Good luck on the road guys and I hope you add some tour dates.

Re: June 8 2009 DC area show

Good for you; I've made the reverse trip a couple times to see Tom Waits in recent years; good to know I70 is well traveled for musical purposes.

I enjoyed the show as well and thought the composition of "Black and White" was fantastic. I was equally happy to hear "Lord of the Manor." But mostly, it was fun to see Chris and Peter seem to genuinely enjoy themselves playing for us; it translated well in the performance.

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View