Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ALEX DON'T GO

I'm glad I got to live in a world with Alex Chilton. It won't be the same without him. I didn't know him well, but I got to play with and hang out with him a handful of times and always learned something. I can't really put into words how much he meant to me. I was talking to another friend of his and mine from way back, Stephanie Chernikowski, around the time he was dying. And "What's Goin' Ahn" (one of his saddest songs) came up on the iPod both Tuesday and Wednesday.

It won't be the same without you, Alex. I wasn't ready for you to be gone. I don't want to stop writing to you. About you. For you.

I like two things
Della's eyes
She left today
Oh goodbye
And lookin' at you I'm drained outright
And isolated in the light
Tell me so everyone
Ever since I was young
And started to understand
What's goin' on and how it's planned

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home