Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Requests for Maxwell's 9/1

That's funny, and true. Actually, I hadn't looked at earlier set lists before I wrote that. We will definitely not go home disappointed.

Wish I had spent time at Maxwell's in the late 70s, 80s, instead of just listening to Feelies / Joy Division / XTC / Gang of Four / dB's / R.E.M. records in our New Brunswick rooms while doing considerably less healthy things than listening to live music.

Saw many when they were in NB at least, and couldn't avoid the Smithereens, as Jim Babjak worked at (or maybe even owned) a video store on Easton Ave, and they played at the Court Tavern on a regular basis.

Funny but true: Crazy Rhythms was constantly on my turntable after it came out, although I had no idea the band was from Haledon. I was hanging out with a bunch of friends one night - doing things considerably less healthy than listening to live music - when a girl named Diane Sybysma (sp?) said, "Oh, that's my brother's band." Forget the details now, but either Mercer or Million was a pseudonym.

Keith

Re: Requests for Maxwell's 9/1

I'll second the request for Black & White - was hoping hear it at the Arts Festival in May. Love all of the new stuff as well.

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View