John Lennon's Forum

In this forum you can tell your story, your feelings, your thoughts about John.
John Lennon's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
John Lennon - The Vision Lives On.

It is viscerally surreal how John Lennon was killed, taken from us 30 years ago today – as if in a flash he was gone and now – in a flash -- he still feels present among us:
Even though his body & mind are no longer with us, John’s shared Vision of a Brotherhood of Man united in PEACE most certainly still is. It is a deeply profound vision of Love and Light. But just as deep is the painful sense of loss of John the man. As a writer who loves the many levels of words and as a fellow artist who has appreciated & enjoyed John’s talent while sharing much of his idealism, I had fully expected to meet John as a professional colleague award-winning songwriter who had mutual friend colleagues and talk shop.

I know that millions of people other than myself also felt & still feel close to John’s spirit as fellow children of the Universe trying to live letting our Love shine. We feel the pain of John’s loss so personally, and I can only imagine Yoko’s agony going through the ordeal of John’s murder & death. However, I felt deep loss and wrote this song “THE VISION LIVES ON” for John the very night he was killed & recorded it with Mike Pinera at his studio in the Hollywood Hills immediately afterwards, mostly out of a sense of necessity for therapeutic catharsis. The song has been so personal that I never did anything commercially with it and have only shared it with friends as a personal tribute. But I want to share the words today, even though I am not around equipment to upload the analogue audio cassette song tape to share; I may do so soon, but I wanted to honor John’s memory today. Peace. Keep the Faith. Here are THE VISION LIVES ON lyrics:

THE VISION LIVES ON
Lyrics & Music by Beth Sayko-Lucas

Sail on, Brother,
On your way.
Where are you going now?
– Gone to stay.

And it’s gonna be a long time before anyone
Gets to me like you.
We never had the chance to live the dreams
We shared together in my mind, we two.

Sail on, Brother,
You never knew
This kindred soul
Who felt for you.

Your Spirit lives still a friend is gone.
A dream has died but The Vision lives on.

Sail on, Brother,
Killed today.
Listening to
Your music play,

Those of us you leave behind
Share your loss, pray you find what you hoped to.

The Vision lives on.
All we are saying
The Vision lives on.
Is Give PEACE a chance.
The Vision lives on.
All we are saying
The Vision lives on.
Is Give PEACE a chance.

The Vision lives on.
Imagine there’s no countries.
The Vision lives on.
I wonder if you can;
The Vision lives on.
Nothing to kill or die for –
The Vision lives on...
A brotherhood of Man.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

© Copyright 1980 Jersey-Made Music, ASCAP.