Return to Website

Girls' Talk

From the makers of Police Academy comes the feel-good forum experience of the season!

Girls' Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Latest movie...

We went to see Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind over a week ago (I'm slow, distracted and preoccupied these days) and loved it.

Charlie Kaufman is really amazing.

Jim Carey was very good in the movie and has lots more fodder for whining about not getting awards (would that he and the rest of us weren't so needy of approval and acceptance, eh?).

Kate Winslet was fantastic, as usual, as were Mark Ruffalo (one of my newer favorites), Kirsten Dunst, Elijah Wood and Tom Wilkinson.

Great movie and finally, a great romantic comedy that is realistic in its look at relationships.

patt*

Re: Latest movie...

I saw _Dawn of the Dead,_ and it was really quite good. None of the social commentary of the original Romero movie, but the zombies were effectively fun. A fun way to spend two hours.

I bet that I'd like Eternal Sunshine, but it's one of those movies where I'd really need someone to push me into seeing it. Or where I'd need to show up for another movie that ends up being sold out and I'm forced into it. Charlie Kaufman does really interesting stuff, but Jim Carey just infuriates me. Even after all of his whining, he'll probably win an award before Bill Murray, who made the transition into more dramatic stuff with a lot more integrity and a lot less ******** and moaning.

If you ask me, Charlie Kaufman should have cast Chris Elliott.

Re: Re: Latest movie...

It really would suck if Jim Carey got an Oscar and Bill Murray never did. I agree with your analysis of their very different journeys to "serious" films.

Eternal Sunshine really was great, though! I hope you get pushed soon!

patt*

Re: Re: Re: Latest movie...

"I hope you get pushed soon!"

Shucks, Pat ... That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Latest movie...

Oy, did I ever walk into that one...

As Salt 'N Pepa would sing: "push it real good,"
patt*