Return to Website

Girls' Talk

From the makers of Police Academy comes the feel-good forum experience of the season!

Girls' Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Air America Radio

I'm listening to Air America Radio over the Internet via WLIB out of NYC. They're playing music and snippets of comedy and spoken word (George Carlin, et al) by way of introduction: "What's Going On?" by Marvin Gaye, "Keep On Rockin' in the Free World" by Neil Young, "Revolution" by The Beatles, "We Didn't Start The Fire" by Billy Joel, etc.

I'm looking forward to having the option to listen to this. Don't get me wrong--I know that rich, white men who control the country cut across party lines and that Liberatls and the Left are not perfect or all good, as the Cons and the Right are not all bad (close, but...)

We went to see Henry Rollins on his "Shock and Awe, My Ass" spoken word tour, and that's what I liked about him--though Left-leaning in his politics, he cut the Dems no slack as far as being creeps, too. He was good. He talked a lot about sex (mainly self-love while wearing a helmet and bite-protector and blacking out and winding up in the oddest places afterward, not knowing how he got there) and swore like sailor--excellent!

Lib but not an entirely blind follower,
patt*

Re: Air America Radio

Rollins is really cool, but he also scares the bejezus out of me. Come to think of it, that's part of what makes him so cool. Was he scary in person?

Re: Re: Air America Radio

Actually, he seemed quite harmless, other than the whole blacking out and ending up someplace else while you-know-what-ing.

He joked about his "scary" persona, saying he was actually a really nice, quiet and humble guy who just happens to speak his mind (loudly and with little inhibition).

It's good that there are people like him out there talking to fairly large audiences!

patt*