Return to Website

Girls' Talk

From the makers of Police Academy comes the feel-good forum experience of the season!

Girls' Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
!

i do want to see it, but i know rob will NOT go with me. perhaps i can go with susan.

two funny things - i heard "joey" by concrete blond over the weekend and thought of mark carrying the cd around
with him!

the other weird thing is that a car that was parked next to mine in the espn lot had the infamous geneseo sticker we all own. i need to improve my stalking skills so i can track them down!

Re: !

I ordered Joey from iTunes not long ago and thought of Mark, too. I also thought of him racing up the hill to be the first among us to buy a CD, which I think was R.E.M.'s "Out Of Time."

Made me smile...

patt*

Re: Re: !

Speaking of CDs, I just purchased "The Magnetic Fields" on the recommendation of our own Sweet Meat.

First Impressions:

Finally, an "Orchestral Maneuvers In the Dark" for the new Millennium!!

To be fair, I'm still just halfway through the first listenting ... and it is pretty catchy.

Re: Re: Re: !

Hey J.T.

Did you purchase "i"?

On 69 Love songs he makes reference to OMD so yes, sadly, they are an influence. He is popish, (Beatles, Beachboys, Squeeze, OMD) but with a twist..

Cheers,
Steve

Re: Re: Re: Re: i

Yes, I got "i."

Sweet Meat, in my lifetime you have introduced me to much truly great, landmark stuff. Dylan, The Velvet Underground, and Mr. Show come immediately to mind. But I am sure that there are countless more artists and works of art that I am overlooking. In a great many ways, I am forever in your debt for expanding my horizons and shaping me into the man I am today.

Having said that, on the topic of The Magnetic Fields, I must recall the the Great Uncle Buck Debate of 1988, and say ...

"There are a lot of great bands out there, and The Magnetic Fields is not one of them."

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: i

How could you forget "Mr. Holland's Opus"?