Return to Website

Girls' Talk

From the makers of Police Academy comes the feel-good forum experience of the season!

Girls' Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I dig the Portland rain

This is EXACTLY why I left upstate New York. A foot and a half of snow. I havn't seen that much snow in the seven years I have lived here combined. Not even a foot. Lots of rain and something else as well. Freezing rain. We just got an ice storm on the 15th and CBS prempted the Syracuse-Providence game to tell us that it was icy outside. For six hours. Honestly, you guys would get a kick out of how this town reacts to snow and ice. They had six reporters all over town telling us that there was, indeed, ice on the ground. As if we couldn't look outside and see that. The best part, all the local networks were talking about it as if they had an exclusive scoop. It was annoying to say the least.

Varg

Re: Re: I dig the Portland rain

Sounds like last week's story of the Raleigh, NC area, where they got an inch of snow and a little ice, panicked, sent everyone home and had traffic tie-ups for hours. The local meteorologists are being eviscerated for not knowing about the impending addition of ice to the weather picture.

patt*

Re: Re: Re: I dig the Portland rain

Hey,
Is it ok for me to be cold in the sunshine state?

Re: Re: Re: Re: I dig the Portland rain

It is really funny how you get conditiond to the weather. A couple of weeks ago, it was 27 here and I thought it was freezing. If I was in New York, I would have considered it warm for that time of year. What is cold for you Sweet Meat, 60?

varg

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I dig the Portland rain

For the first time in my life since I started running intermittently in 1997, I've decided to keep running outdoors through the winter. Running in 3 degrees isn't as bad as I would ever have imagined (I actually enjoy it), but having it hit 33 degrees today feels truly balmy by comparison. It was 15 when I ran this morning, and I had to take my neck scarf off of my face due to to heat! Warmth certainly is relative.

Crazy...

patt*