Return to Website

Girls' Talk

From the makers of Police Academy comes the feel-good forum experience of the season!

Girls' Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Went to see the Dixie Chicks on Friday night...

The concert was great, but why I am mentioning it here is that the Chicks seem to have heretofore untold taste in music. Just before they came on, they played a string of songs related to the whole Natalie-being-ashamed-that-Bush-is-from-Texas fandago (that was excellent), which really were all pleasantly surprising.

1. What's So Funny About Peace, Love and Understanding by Elvis Costello

2. Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Tears for Fears

3. Our Lips Are Sealed by the Go-Gos

4. It's the End of the World As We Know It by R.E.M.

5. Thank You For Letting Me Be Myself Again by the Average White Band

6. Born in the U.S.A. by Bruce Springsteen (the irony and true meaning of the song were entirely lost on most of the audience)

That was something... I was impressed.

Joan Osbourne opened up and was really incredible--bluesy rock with an amazing voice.

The Dixie Chicks were amazing, too.

patt*

Re: Went to see the Dixie Chicks on Friday night...

The thing I found most ironic about the whole Dixie Chicks hubbub was that Bush was so hell bent on giving the Iraqi people freedom yet, when someone voiced their displeasure with him or the Administration, they were labelled "unpatriotic" or "traitors." what about free speech?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

The concert was great, but why I am mentioning it here is that the Chicks seem to have heretofore untold taste in music. Just before they came on, they played a string of songs related to the whole Natalie-being-ashamed-that-Bush-is-from-Texas fandago (that was excellent), which really were all pleasantly surprising.

6. Born in the U.S.A. by Bruce Springsteen (the irony and true meaning of the song were entirely lost on most of the audience)

Joan Osbourne opened up and was really incredible--bluesy rock with an amazing voice.

patt*

Re: Re: Went to see the Dixie Chicks on Friday night...

Amen, Christine!

patt*

Replying to:

The thing I found most ironic about the whole Dixie Chicks hubbub was that Bush was so hell bent on giving the Iraqi people freedom yet, when someone voiced their displeasure with him or the Administration, they were labelled "unpatriotic" or "traitors." what about free speech?

Replying to:

patt*