Return to Website

Girls' Talk

From the makers of Police Academy comes the feel-good forum experience of the season!

Girls' Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Katharine Hepburn

Yep. It's sad.

... and Buddy Hackett ... and Strom Thurmond.

Err, I mean ...

... and Buddy Hackett.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I dug Katharine Hepburn and thought she was one of the best comedic actresses out there. Two of my favorite movies are The Philadelphia Story and Bringing Up Baby, and she's just great in them both.

I have no illusions about her as a person--she was messed up like the rest of us, but at least she had a rabid feminist for a mom, and some of that rubbed off on her.

What a classic.

patt*

Re: Re: Katharine Hepburn

i thought strom was already dead before yesterday... oh wait - his 100th birthday party marked the unintentional comedy debut of trent lott didn't it?

Replying to:

Yep. It's sad.

Err, I mean ...

... and Buddy Hackett.

Replying to:

I dug Katharine Hepburn and thought she was one of the best comedic actresses out there. Two of my favorite movies are The Philadelphia Story and Bringing Up Baby, and she's just great in them both.

I have no illusions about her as a person--she was messed up like the rest of us, but at least she had a rabid feminist for a mom, and some of that rubbed off on her.

What a classic.

patt*

Re: Re: Re: Katharine Hepburn

What a scummer Strom Thurmond was... I generally hate to speak ill of the dead, but a man like he was warrants it. Blech. May he rest eternally annoyed among all of the people that he so hated.

patt*

Replying to:

i thought strom was already dead before yesterday... oh wait - his 100th birthday party marked the unintentional comedy debut of trent lott didn't it?

Replying to:

Yep. It's sad.

Err, I mean ...

... and Buddy Hackett.

Replying to:

What a classic.

patt*

Re: Re: Re: Re: Katharine Hepburn

i saw a funny article in "newsweek," (which rob refers to as a liberal rag.. but he gets the hideously conservative "us news and world report" so we're even).... it had strom waiting to get into heaven with st. peter holding a comb saying "this is for God's afro."

long live the liberal news media!

Replying to:

What a scummer Strom Thurmond was... I generally hate to speak ill of the dead, but a man like he was warrants it. Blech. May he rest eternally annoyed among all of the people that he so hated.

patt*

Replying to:

Replying to:

Yep. It's sad.

Err, I mean ...

... and Buddy Hackett.

Replying to:

What a classic.

patt*